I wanna become a War Photographer

After the Kibbutz I want to try and get military training in Israel, which means I will have to apply for an israelian citizenship. My plan is to try and reside with an israelian border unit for a couple of months, so I can make an objective portrait of that military unit.

Curious, what makes you think you will be able to tell the Israeli military what you want to do, versus them telling you what you will be doing? I don't know anything about the Israeli military, but in most militaries, you join up, you take basic training, then perhaps expanded training and then they put you where you are most needed. Then you are in the military for a certain number of years, not months. IF you are given a photo billet, you MIGHT be able to make an objective portrait of a military unit. Most likely, you will be told what you can shoot and when and where it can be displayed.

I think you really need to put more research into your military idea.

I have been a freelance photojournalist for 22yrs. i would sale my soul for a war photo assignment

I've been looking to get into war photography aswell. I live in Sweden and have had basic military training. (I know when to duck and when it's time to run). What I'm looking for is someone to pair up with as I most likely will have to travel to a warzone freelancing and not on a guarantee since they are hard to aqquire.

Let me now if you (thread creator) would be interested in something like this.

Here is my current, albeit small portfolio. Might not have that much equipment but ill be damned if I don't know how to use it.

THEBOXISMINE's Gallery

Most reactions

Back