What's new

I was featured in a B&H Photo article!

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
4,355
Reaction score
3,194
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple weeks ago, I was asked by a writer from B&H Photo about a firework photo I took in a small town a few years ago and they wanted to feature it on their Explora blog. It was really great working with them and kind of cool having a photo of mine featured in one of their articles. Though only us photographers typically know who B&H photo is hahaha.

28 Photogenic Options for July 4th Fireworks Nationwide, Part 2: MI to WY

I'm toward the bottom of the list, so you gotta scroll down to find me. It's not my favorite photo but they really liked it because they wanted to show a small town firework display in the article. I guess mine fit the bill.
 
That's really cool! How did they find and choose your photograph?

The writer found my photo on Flickr and asked if she could feature it in her article. I'll be getting a set of reflectors too because of it :D
 
congratulations bud. nice image and dialog
 
Congrats! Nice to get validation like this.
 
I'm glad you got recognition as well as compensation. They are a business and using photos helps promote their business and helps enable them to profit/make money.

It would be a good idea to learn about contracting/licensing usage if someone wants to use your photos, so even if the compensation is merchandise the type of use and the time frame would be specified.
 
Nice going! Good article, good photo you had in it. Congratulations!
 
A couple weeks ago, I was asked by a writer from B&H Photo about a firework photo I took in a small town a few years ago and they wanted to feature it on their Explora blog. It was really great working with them and kind of cool having a photo of mine featured in one of their articles. Though only us photographers typically know who B&H photo is hahaha.

28 Photogenic Options for July 4th Fireworks Nationwide, Part 2: MI to WY

I'm toward the bottom of the list, so you gotta scroll down to find me. It's not my favorite photo but they really liked it because they wanted to show a small town firework display in the article. I guess mine fit the bill.

Terrific. Thanks for taking part.
 
A couple weeks ago, I was asked by a writer from B&H Photo about a firework photo I took in a small town a few years ago and they wanted to feature it on their Explora blog. It was really great working with them and kind of cool having a photo of mine featured in one of their articles. Though only us photographers typically know who B&H photo is hahaha.

28 Photogenic Options for July 4th Fireworks Nationwide, Part 2: MI to WY

I'm toward the bottom of the list, so you gotta scroll down to find me. It's not my favorite photo but they really liked it because they wanted to show a small town firework display in the article. I guess mine fit the bill.
Congratulations!!
 
Congrats to you and well done.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom