What's new

i wonder what i'll be when i grow up

perhaps a little under exposed, yes. But I think moreso the color balance is too blue (possibly cause by under exposure).
 
$7524356788_ac69a989e2_b.webp
 
Whatcha think? Still too blue, maybe?

$7524356788_598717b3ba_k 1.webp
 
An image of outstanding content.....

You and she could do full justice to the idea you wanted to convey; i wonder how she could pose with such an effectiveness, that she looks totally withdrawn into her world of imagination...and what else can complement that concept than those white flowers in a green background?

One of the best images i have seen recent times.... well fit for some advertising...i think you can sell it ...go for it :thumbsup:
 
Is your monitor calibrated?

Yes. Thank you. Unfortunately, I still see cyan in the daisies, but I don't want to poke at the image further.
 
Maybe a bit too much! lol! And look at the daisies.. you turned them cyan! (on my calibrated monitor)

Has to be my monitor then, I use my work laptop and the screen is certainly not high quality, nor calibrated. I warmed it it up quite a bit, didn't touch any color curves. Still, seems odd that there'd be that much cyan.

With Jaemie's edit the girl looks overly pinky/red on this end.

I don't have photoshop. I use Paint Shop Pro 8. all I did to the color was set color temp down to around 4400 to get it away from being so bluish, and a small saturation bump with an option for "skin tones present". I then used a tool in PS called "clarify" which lit the face more, then fiddled with brightness and contrast, then a very slight UM.

Looks good on my monitor I think, but that's the problem with so many different monitor types and sheer number of monitors out there, they're all going to be a little different. I went and looked at it on the monitor on my desktop PC and it looks too orangy on that one, but on my laptop and desktop PC I don't see any cyan in the daisies at all...in fact, they look quite white. Ah well.
 
Last edited:
Maybe a bit too much! lol! And look at the daisies.. you turned them cyan! (on my calibrated monitor)

Has to be my monitor then, it's a laptop and certainly not high quality, nor calibrated. I warmed it it up quite a bit, didn't touch any color curves. Still, seems odd that there'd be that much cyan.

I don't have photoshop. I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I set color temp down to around 4400, then used a tool in PS called "clarify" which lit the face more, bumped saturation slightly, then fiddled with brightness and contrast, then a very slight UM.

Looks good on my monitor I think, but that's the problem with so many different monitor types and sheer number of monitors out there, they're all going to be a little different. I went and looked at it on the monitor on my desktop PC and it looks too orangy on that one. Ah well.

Laptops have some of the worst displays available for digital imaging. I highly recommend an external monitor (preferably IPS) but even a non IPS will outperform your laptop display!
 
Yeah, I know laptop screens aren't great for that, but a good monitor will have to come later...actually, I need to build a whole new PC...my laptop (Dell E4300) is the most powerful machine in the house, lol. I do IT for a living and all the other PC's and laptops in the house are cobbled together pieces parts from PC's the company was getting rid of, lol.

The last PC I actually bought new parts for and built is an AMD 4000 single-core processor with a pair of nvidia video cards running in SLI (built as a gaming rig back in the day), but it's sitting in the basement unused (I had two hard drives running in RAID0 for speed and the RAID crashed, haven't bothered to recover it yet). The monitor is a cheapo 19" wide screen that is quite old and currently attached to an old Dell 370 workstation....we're talking pentium 4 here, lol...but it works fine for the kids to play on the internet with.

I just got my camera barely a month ago, so all the other stuff, like a good tripod, a better flash, a new "processing PC" with a good quality monitor, an MP-E65 lens, etc, etc will have to wait....so I'll just have to struggle along with this for now....it's all about the money!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom