I would love to be your photgraphy intern :]

Kaleighx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't know where to post this, so I figured in the business section would be good (I want to intern for a business man or woman :lol: .. but mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate subforum)

Anyways I am a photography student looking for any ways to improve my photography to eventually (years away i would imagine) turn my passion to a business. anyways! I'm looking for a photographer around teh Boston area to tag along on site to a wedding/engagement/portrait session to help with absolutely anything you would need! I want to see how to react with your clients/ any poses you put them in/ lighting issues/ absolutely soak in everything! I basically would absolutely LOVE a mentor right now.

So post here or email me ([email protected])

thank you!! :heart:

one word... google.

simply search for local photographers in the area. look at their websites and see if you like their work. then, start sending emails. tell them your situation and respectfully offer your 'services'.

i did the same thing and it is working great. out of about 15 emails i got maybe 5 responses. two of which politely declined. but, 3 said yes. since then i have shot two weddings and i'm lined up for another. the season is winding down, so i don't expect too much more this year, but next year is promising.

i get to keep the shots from my camera and one of the photographers is working with me to help improve technique specific to managing a wedding shoot, post-processing, and the business of wedding photography.

i was floored that someone woud take the time to train their competition, but i have found that this profession is about giving back and learning all along the way.

good luck, and be ready to start working.

Thanks :] Funny thing is that I wouldn't even considered emailing local photographers because since I work so much I wanted it as a need basis and when I had enough time to devote to them (wow that sounds so uninterested!!)

but hey I might as well give it a shot!

off topic, but I was just in richmond a month ago and it was absolutely beautiful :]

i have to say, we are a community of photographers, so i think this is a fine post. using goggle or Craig's list is OK, but hell, if you can find someone here that lives there and wants to let you learn from em, awesome. i got my first internship in college from my prof, its all about networking! go to a local photographers get together, meet people, its ALL about networking in this business. cant stress that enough haha

i have to say, we are a community of photographers, so i think this is a fine post. using goggle or Craig's list is OK, but hell, if you can find someone here that lives there and wants to let you learn from em, awesome. i got my first internship in college from my prof, its all about networking! go to a local photographers get together, meet people, its ALL about networking in this business. cant stress that enough haha

Thats why I figured I would post here first, cuz hey you never know! But.. I'm definitely going to start networking and meet some local photographers and get things moving :]

I completely understand your situation. I e-mailed half of the photographers in Baton Rouge whose website and photos I loved. I got more nos than I would have expected....It was really heartbreaking b/c I thought someone for sure would say YES please come...but no! Also, someone placed an ad on Craigslist. I e-mailed and responded on Craigslist and they couldn't even say sorry it's filled or we changed our mind! Be careful w CL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back