terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well....southern style, anyway. :lol:

The Atlanta area got dumped on by about 1/2" of sleet and what they call "frozen participation" :scratch: Apparently there IS a difference....and no one is moving today. For amusement we watched some dummy in our subdivision who apparently thought ICE didn't apply to his tires try to squeal his way down the street for about 20 minutes.

<<<----And the O-dog here was pretty funny sliding across the backyard trying to find solid ground this am. :lmao: Graceful, he isn't!!

Stuck inside!! I am making pho (vietnamese soup), got the fire started and hope to hunker down quietly all day.

That's my update..... How's everyone else's weekend starting off??? :D

Man, oh man... Sorry to see you in 'confinement'... We have a sunny 65 degrees here, going to visit some antique stores in search for older cameras. Bundle up and finish that pho, sounds delicious!

Hey Terri...that actually sounds like a better day than being at work for it. It's gray, cold, windy, and wet here in Otown. You guys get to have all the fun :(.

Be careful out there, Terri! Grab a good book and some hot cocoa!

Things are ok here. Starting the day with some coffee, thinking of going to the cam store to check out a new Nikon, but I might not have time to do that before I need to be at the gallery... then tonight I have to develop my first roll from the Brownie Hawkeye and see what it did!

My day's nearly over. It was grey, and the snow that fell three days ago is still on the ground. The temps are just around freezing point. Not far below, hardly ever above.
My daughter and I travelled all the way to the training centre where she swims twice a week, it's at about 120 km from here (one way), so we can't go any more often. On the the other 4 days she swims in her home club which is only some 20 km from here. Sundays are the only day "off" - unless we have to go on weekend swim meets, of course.

Hertz van Rental said:
'frozen participation'?
I think they meant 'precipitation' :)

That's the result of lack of coffee, thanks for pointing that out.... :roll:

Blah, don't know how much "fun" it is, Mygrain, but we're hanging in! Guess you all missed this storm, it came up from the Gulf....hope your workday gets better!! :hug::

I think I'd rather do what Matica's doing, a sunny 65 degree day going vintage camera shopping sounds like da bomb!! :thumbsup:

barely missed the ice storm...they cancelled outbound flights at 5 pm, but i squeaked by at 4 pm.

and terri, i didn't have as much time as I thought i did, so i didn't get to check out those places unfortunately....but at least i got out, or else i'd probably still be stuck there.

BIG EMPTY PARKING LOTS AND ICE=FUN!!!! take the car to the kmart :p lol... enjoy the time relaxing from life :D

terri said:
I think I'd rather do what Matica's doing, a sunny 65 degree day going vintage camera shopping sounds like da bomb!! :thumbsup:

Well, well... Something has happened on the way to vintage camera shopping. Must have been related to the blast of cold air coming down on us. We had a pretty good hail storm and there was a funnel cloud sighted although didn't touch the ground. Very cold now, about 45 degrees. Cold for Phoenix that is...

But I got lucky, I found a mint Mamiyaflex C2!... :D

treehuggerhikerboy said:
barely missed the ice storm...they cancelled outbound flights at 5 pm, but i squeaked by at 4 pm.

and terri, i didn't have as much time as I thought i did, so i didn't get to check out those places unfortunately....but at least i got out, or else i'd probably still be stuck there.

Oh wow - I thought you were in town in the middle of the week, I'm SO glad you were able to sneak out in time. As you learned, it takes very little for Atlanta to freak out. ;) But you still have the fun list of places for next time, right? :D

PreludeX, I've done that before - it's definitely a thrill ride! :lmao:

We ended up losing power last night. Thought we'd dodged the bullet, but the ice is so heavy that when it starts melting a little the branches start crashing down from the trees. Power lines down all over the place. It went out around 11 pm, so we just crashed, and it was on again when we woke up. So we were lucky!

Congrats on the new cam, Mitica!! What happened to your sunny weather? :confused: I expect to read all about in the collector's forum, now. ;)

terri said:
Congrats on the new cam, Mitica!! What happened to your sunny weather? :confused: I expect to read all about in the collector's forum, now. ;)

One of the usual, albeit rare, missed weather forecasts. They predicted 65 degrees and chances of rain. Well, they were right on the latter part, it poured down here and hailed. :lmao: I guess the weatherman got fired...

Most reactions

Back