What's new

Ice

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I actually used extension tubes with my 24-70. I played with stacking, but don't normally shoot macro of still life. It's tough to stack with insects.
Yeah, insects usually are hard to stack..I was surprised when you said you shot this with the 24-70...For some reason it just has a macro feel to it. Great shot either way!
 
well, the extension tubes gave me the ability to focus upclose. Extension tubes are the cheapest and easiest way to get into the macro game.
 
well, the extension tubes gave me the ability to focus upclose. Extension tubes are the cheapest and easiest way to get into the macro game.
Yeah...The 100mm Macro is next on my list of lenses to get.

Have you ever tried out the MP-E65? I've noticed you do so awesome macros, that could really give you some amazing pictures a 2:1+
 
Reminds me - has anyone ever posted any pictures of the Quebec Winter Festival? Round about now. Amazing carved snow and/or ice sculptures all over the old city.
 
Yeah...The 100mm Macro is next on my list of lenses to get.

Have you ever tried out the MP-E65? I've noticed you do so awesome macros, that could really give you some amazing pictures a 2:1+

I'm not really into macro at that magnification. 1:1 appeals to me most. Due to flexibility, I went with the 100mm. The MP-E65 doesn't allow you to focus to infinity, which means it would be used for macro only. The 100mm allows you to use it as a prime lens as it focuses to infinity.


Thanks for the nice comments
 
Excellent macro photo, nice work there matey. Is that the old T1000?
 
that is very nice and alsome
 
Amazing shot, as usual :D
 
Wow, that's different for sure, and awesome.
 
My jaw dropped, literally...
 
well I can't begin to say how much I appreciate the comments. Thanks
 
it is shots like this one that make me realize I have a lot to learn... a lot... and sort of make me want to stop showing off my crap ;-) hahaha... (joking)...

really cool and creative!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom