Icelandic Basketball

HjaltiVignis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pictures that I took at a recent basketball game in Iceland.

$WS9P1727 (1).jpg$WS9P1735 (1).jpg$WS9P1811 (1).jpg$WS9P1978 (1).jpg

Nice shots - interesting to me to see bb in a different country, different uniforms, but so much the

The shots are ok, straighten up the backgrounds would help. The last one the guy, I assume is the coach, just standing there is really a nothing picture of a guy just standing there.

The shots are ok, straighten up the backgrounds would help. The last one the guy, I assume is the coach, just standing there is really a nothing picture of a guy just standing there.
Maybe it´s a, you had to be there moment. This facial expression sais it all. After 1st quarter the green team (called Thor) was down, 38-18, the game ended 85-105 and that explain why he is looking up at the scoreboard.

Last edited:
I got it - the expression does tell a story when put in context. If you want a critique I can give my 2 cents, wasn't sure you were looking for one? Been doing this long?

I got it - the expression does tell a story when put in context. If you want a critique I can give my 2 cents, wasn't sure you were looking for one? Been doing this long?
The good thing about critique is that if you listen to other people, you become a better photographer, so I am always ready to listen to a critique. This is the 4th season. The season here starts in october and ends in april. Thor is the team from my hometown, called Thorlakshofn, population 2000. We are rookies in the Iceland Express league (premier league) and after 18 games played out of 22 the team is in 3rd place out of 12.

I also shot this game with 35mm film if anyone is interested.

....trying to think back to film.. when I shot sports with 35 it was nearly always B/W ...........vaguely recalling tungsten adjusted color film and lots of filters..... sorry, no use :)

Most reactions

Back