Icicles over a flowing river.

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someday I will dream up more clever titles, that day isn't today. ;-)
Got out on our first real family hike in MONTHS. It was short but wonderful. We are all out of fall colors here and have moved on to icier weather already. I was surprised to see the icicles already forming over the river, and thought they would make a nice subject.
I feel like I didn't nail composition in any of these, though I am relatively happy with 1 and 3. I wish I had included more rocks in the first two, so I may go out and reshoot these sometime and try to get a better composition. I did quite a bit more editing that usual and included quite a few dodge and burn, and curves layers trying to even out the logs, and draw a bit more attention to the ice. Does it look natural enough?

C&C of any kinds is always appreciated. :)

Happy November everyone!!

1) Iso 100, f/29, 8seconds
15496034457_a2cf280e14_b.jpg

2) iso 100, f29, 8 seconds
15495868268_bfeef4c9b1_b.jpg

3) Iso 200, f9 0.5 sec
15061299464_81efac751c_b.jpg

neat!

Nifty sight to see. Waiting for white balance complaints.

someone I am sure will. But because of the nature of the shot it wont be me.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

I figured I would get some when I posted. I messed with the wb quite a bit and really liked the cool feel and colors I got. Can't please everyone. ;-)

I like number two. Something about the swirl in the water, set it off for me.
Nice shots. Ed

I'm partial to #1

Yeah - I like it. It fits the scene, it fits the mood and I like blues and purples.

Well done.

Watching the University of Washington at Colorado Buffalos football game right now...announcers said that, "Today is the first day it really feels like winter here." Right now, the Huskies lead 31-23, after just having scored on a pick-6. Washington leads the nation with severn defensive touchdowns this season. OMG...Colorado JUST fumbled the kick after the Huskies' pick-6, turning the ball back over to the Huskies at the Colorado 30 yard line...

Nice, and yes Derrel the white balance is a bit blue.

I have to confess that as a retired zoologist what struck me about the first is that it looked like a row of teeth, from the incisors at the left to the molars at the right!

I have to confess that as a retired zoologist what struck me about the first is that it looked like a row of teeth, from the incisors at the left to the molars at the right!
I see it! Neat observation. Does that mean I pulled off the feeling of "biting cold?" :giggle:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back