And one started to kiss my feet
She said the lord got a red light on at every street
My superstars were laced up tight
And all the sinners were gathered in white
The pearly gates were opened up wide
And the lord must have seen me with his big red eyes

*Lyrics Ugly Kid Joe

fisheye, 3 shot HDR

Is it just the HDR that gives your photos such a surreal quality (other than the fisheye approach)? It looks like infrared has something to do with it too.

Either way, I'm a huge fan of your stuff, and this is no different. Great shot.

Very nicely composed :) I really like the perspective.

It's been far too long since your last HDR post!

Woodsac....all I have to say is WOW :hail: :hail:

I love this shot. The HDR effect is amazing on it.

I also like to ride, which makes the shot even more endearing to me!

The prose is pretty good as well.

Cheers

Thanks you guys :)

Is it just the HDR that gives your photos such a surreal quality (other than the fisheye approach)? It looks like infrared has something to do with it too.

Either way, I'm a huge fan of your stuff, and this is no different. Great shot.
No IR here? Maybe it's the muted colors of the sky? That might kind of give you a sense of IR because the sky is on the dark side. Thanks for the feedback.

Ummmm... I hate you... I'm so jealous of your talent. Of course you are forcing my to put this one in the POTM thread, again :D. This is not the first time and I'm sure it's not going to be the last. I'm pretty much sure I will HAVE to nominate any other picture you put in here. :)

I can't think of anything to say about this photo...so I just peed in my pants.

I can't think of anything to say about this photo...so I just peed in my pants.

Ok, that was the most ridiculous comment I think I've ever seen on a photo, and I soooo needed that right now! :biglaugh:

Jake, a lot of your stuff does have a very surreal feel to it, and I can't put my finger on what it is exactly either. To me, a lot of them don't look like photographs, but rather they look like CG or something. I'm not saying that in a negative way though...I think your stuff rocks just like all the others above me do. :p

Love it. My only criticism is the center bike, which is the focal point, is too distorted by the wide angle for my taste and the two bikes right above it make it look a bit cluttered. So, while I love the overall effect, when I start to look at the smaller details I get lost. Still so far ahead of anything I could dream of doing.

Thanks for the honest feedback, outlier.

I'll be the first to admit, my hdr/fisheye combo shots aren't for everyone. I guess they kind of have their own style? I've got a thing for distortion right now, so I never leave the house without the fisheye in the bag.

I tried the same shot with a standard wide angle, without distortion. Junked em right away. Just didn't work for me. But again, it's a preference thing. Thanks again :)

Pardon my thread drift but what exactly is HDR and how does one accomplish this feat?

Most reactions

Back