Iconic

Every time I see your photos, I am amazed. Beautiful, simple beautiful.

Thanks you guys :)

No IR here? Maybe it's the muted colors of the sky? That might kind of give you a sense of IR because the sky is on the dark side. Thanks for the feedback.

That's probably exactly it -- it seems like all of your photos, or at least the ones I've seen, have a really dark sky. Is that just where you live or do you do something to make your skies look really cool like that?

More thanks everyone...appreciate it!!

Pardon my thread drift but what exactly is HDR and how does one accomplish this feat?
HDR = high dynamic range
It's simply multiple exposures blended together to achieve a more complete tonal range. There are several threads here covering HDR, and tons of info on the web if you're interested.

how`d you do it,please share
No real secrets here :) This is my favorite combo right now...hdr & fisheye. The colors were then selectively saturated/desaturated on different layers.

That's probably exactly it -- it seems like all of your photos, or at least the ones I've seen, have a really dark sky. Is that just where you live or do you do something to make your skies look really cool like that?
It's both. I live at the base of the Sierra's in California. So a lot of my shots are at high elevations. But with the HDR shots, I always play with the saturation and brightness of the sky. I like most of my HDR's to be pretty desaturated. It also lets me push the contrast when there is less saturation.

I look at your work and I say it cant possibly be a photograph. But it is. EFFING AMAZING. If it wasnt nominated already, Id nominate it... because this is awesome.

Oh great woodsac. Teach me your ways.

:smileys: Wow... Wow..... let me seeing it again! WOOW
Fantastic HDR effect. The photo will be great even without HDR.
Great JOb

You use photomatix?

:hail: Wow. I too am speechless. Another stellar shot over which I pore over every detail.

This is more than just a FANTASTIC picture. It speaks of a whole lifestyle.
The long you look at it the more intriquing it becomes.
This one needs to go into my 'Other peoples great work that I could only dream of emulating' album!

Very nice! I love the color and comp, it looks GREAT!

I feel sorta stupid, but what is HDR?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back