Icy Hike

SiaLegacy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$DSC01398.JPG
My first post to TPF! I took this photo while camping/hiking last January.

I assume you are looking for comments as you did post it in this forum - if not, then ignore my comments.

This is one of those high dynamic range situations where the rock above the falls (little bit at the top) is in full sunlight and the falls is in shade and you end up overexposing the rock above the falls and underexposing the falls itself. You either need do a multiple exposure and then some form of HDR or "combine" them in Photoshop, or you need a graduated ND filter to deal with the rocks in sunlight above the falls. What type of metering did you use for this image? Did you shoot this in raw or jpeg, because if you shot it in raw, there are ways to produce two "images" from the one image - one processed for the rocks above the falls and one processed for the falls itself - you can then combine them using layers and layer masks in Photoshop. HTH.

WesternGuy

I'm really not sure on the metering, but I took the photo in JPEG. As for using Adobe Photoshop...I'm still learning that program. Thank you for the tips/ideas! I'll definitely check into trying that! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back