Acting like kids

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday was quite warm and sunny for February, so the dog and I took a hike around a small, local lake. There was a good sized flock of Canadian Geese on the water at the far end. As I was watching a couple of them started honking a flipping water with their wings. Then a bunch more joined in. They kept it up for about 15 minutes then went back to floating around enjoying the day. It was like watching kids playing in a pool.
_IMG1528.l.jpg
_IMG1529.l.jpg
_IMG1531.l.jpg

The ubiquitus joy of splashing each other !
Looks like they were enjoying a good cooling off, maybe they were en-route for their migration and was after a long leg of the flight?

I once watched a crow splashing around in a puddle for about ten minutes. It seemed to be enjoying itself too :wink-6:

The ubiquitus joy of splashing each other !
Looks like they were enjoying a good cooling off, maybe they were en-route for their migration and was after a long leg of the flight?
Hard to tell if these are migrating geese or part of the huge "local" population that stays permanently. We have a large number of rivers and creeks that don't freeze over and thousands of acres of farmland where they're seen feeding on what's left from corn and soybean harvests(among others). I normally don't see them start to nest until early April, plus I haven't seen/heard any migrating flocks yet, so these might be local. The winter has been so mild that many of the larger lakes and ponds aren't freezing over completely.

The joys of nature. Great job with the water spays

Damned Geese! Stay off my lawn!

Fun shots!

Nice shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back