Icy

excellent series, beautifully rendered.
I'm finding them a little soft tho. Did you apply sharpening? think they'd pop with some extra USM.
nice work. :D

JonK said:
excellent series, beautifully rendered.
I'm finding them a little soft tho. Did you apply sharpening? think they'd pop with some extra USM.
nice work. :D

i sharpened some in the other series a little, but i don't think i sharpened these, maybe just because i'm saving them as low-quality jpgs to keep the size down? what's USM?

would PS Elements have that capability? what does it do? i can dodge/burn, adjust levels, resize, but everything else is brand new to me... i'm willing to learn if it will improve my images... :thumbup:

I'm not sure about elements, but in photoshop you can use sharpening filters, in the filters menu, does elements have filters? if it does, the unsharpen mask will add clarity to things with high detail....wildlife photogs use them alot and can be very handy for all types of pictures.

yes i have at least some filters... i will definitely give this a go! thx arch!

Unsharp mask is just like sharpen but you can control the amount with sliders whereas 'sharpen' is aouto sharpen and you have no control over the amount. Elements should have it under Filter>>>Sharpen

Thanks alex!

Jon - thanks for the suggestion, i found it and it works great. i didn't even notice the softness before, but after seeing the sharpened images, it makes a difference. good eye! you can offer me suggestions like this anytime!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back