Ideas how to get similar/same effect?

Kaleighx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love Lauren Clark's pictures and she wont give up her secrets (I dont blame her, but goodness!!) the only hints she gives is thats its a mix of different camera controls and editing in photoshop (of course). I was wondering maybe some ideas how to get similar effects and what I can do with ym camera and photoshop! :)

n501051750_1261505_6960.jpg

n501051750_1234108_2769.jpg

n501051750_1217948_5920.jpg

Those seem like the best. The brightness and the vibrancy is what I love. All I can think of is curves, exposure... I dont know anything!

And I have fallen in LOVE with this man's photography
http://www.scotthaynephotography.com/

I would love to know some of his techniques that I could try?

Thanks for any input!! :]

You could probably imitate Lauren Clark's photos just by tone curves and vibrancy adjustments, like you said. It also looks like she does two or more layers in her photos and edits the layers separately. It seems as if one of her layers is just the person or the person's face and the other layers are the background. It'd take a lot of experimenting, but that's probably a good place to start.

Scott Hayne's photography looks really hard to imitate. I can definitely tell that he's using a fill flash effect, but to imitate that you'd need a REALLY strong flash (lots of his subjects are too far for a stock flash to reach). He also uses layers, and probably does lots of minute tone curve adjustments and vibrancy adjustments. There are probably little touch-up things that he does too, like dodging/burning little sections of the photo. I'm not sure how he does the old film effect, though. He probably has a Photoshop plug-in that does most of it.

I hope that helps a little. Remember: I'm still a noob, so take what I say with a grain of salt. :lol:

Ya, I think I would turn down the exposure a little, but I think I seemed pretty on about what else she did

Thank you guys! If anyone else has opinions that would be awesome

Yeah just being stupid and obnoxious with the sliders in CameraRAW will do that. :D

Lauren Clark probably shoots in RAW format and edits the vibrancy through that. That and tone curves. It shouldn't be too hard to get it, it'll just take some messing around.

Um... you could just up the saturation, but that over-saturates things. What kind of troubles are you having with RAW format? That's really the way to go if you want nice, vibrant, natural looking colors.

ha, well my problems are that it wont open in photoshop :) I downloaded the plugin, but it's still not reading the files. I have cs2

That's weird. Did you install it correctly? If I remember right, you have to install it in a special folder in Photoshop's program directory. I think the folder is just called Plug-ins.

You bump the saturation and sharpen the **** out of them.

Most reactions

Back