If I come across angry it's because I am!!!!

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been short with my responses recently but there's a good reason, see I just started full time work. So what have I learnt after 2 weeks of working for a giant multinational oil company?:

- Tech support is in another country. If I am missing my computer mouse I either steal one or wait 3 days to get it replaced.
- Chris can you make up a gant chart for us, sure no problem... Now why is Microsoft project not installed on my computer!
- It has taken more than 2 weeks for me to get access to the documentation systems that basically run the entire organisation, not that the delay matters because I don't have autocad installed on my computer so I can't open the ****ing drawings anyway.
- So they have hard copies of the drawings right? Yeah they are locked in the cabinet. Someone gave me a key, except my keycard doesn't get me into the room which contains the locked cabinet in question.

I could go on but I'm only getting angrier and I haven't started posting in the other forums yet so I don't want to upset anyone. :banghead:

Giant Multinational Oil Company???

Would it be two letters. Second and sixteenth of the alphabeth, maybe??? Please say "No, not them".

My husband explained "outsourcing" to the kids the other day, telling them that he preferred to "insource mummy", so he would not have to make new contracts on any piece of work I do for the "Family Corporation". Har-har. So - no marriage --- an act of "insourcing" it was!!! Ha!

- Chris can you make up a gant chart for us, sure no problem... Now why is Microsoft project not installed on my computer!

- So they have hard copies of the drawings right? Yeah they are locked in the cabinet. Someone gave me a key, except my keycard doesn't get me into the room which contains the locked cabinet in question.

:banghead:

To funny man, sorry on your part...but it is a funny situation

For LaFoto: "No not them." For everyone else, yes them.

Actually I've been doing some work the last 2 days now that I'm slowly getting access to things I need to get started. But other than that Battou is pretty much on the mark.

The one thing I was able to do today was talk to a contractor to get something installed, only to be told that my other boss in that project asked him to do the same thing yesterday and the contractor already had a work order in. So more waste of time.

Oh and after finally getting a gant chart out of Excel by shading in the cells because of a lack of MS Project I get a call from the supplier telling me the lead time changed, and we're back to square one. That however isn't really the giant multinational two lettered disorganised company's fault.

Just wait until you get outsourced... ;)
I look forward to that, the contractors make much more than I do. That said it's unlikely. Our refinery has learnt that engineers are needed on site. Apparently a contractor was telling me that another such oil company named after something crabs lived in learnt it the hard way when it eliminated most of the onsite engineering staff and realised that refinery maintenance and upgrades ground to a halt.

Uh-oh. DH is switching from his present engineering job in a small refinery to a job with the the "giant multinational two lettered disorganised company"!!! Is it really THAT bad? Uh-oh.

But thanks for saying "no, not them" for me extra. Pity I read on ...

DH is actually looking forward to his new job! Which MIGHT - just MIGHT - take us all to Australia eventually for a couple of years (but it could also be Texas or Canada).

No need to tell me about Texas ... as if we didn't know. But if the place for first building the newly-to-be-designed-by-DH plant should be Texas, it WOULD be the refinery in Texas City. The other two options are Edmonton or somewhere near Perth (don't know the name of the place).

sounds so professional ...

Reminds me of one of my first summer jobs with the largest pop company in the world in the accounts department. After the first week, I was shaking my head wondering how they ever made money.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back