If I come across angry it's because I am!!!!

I've been short with my responses recently but there's a good reason, see I just started full time work. So what have I learnt after 2 weeks of working for a giant multinational oil company?:

- Tech support is in another country. If I am missing my computer mouse I either steal one or wait 3 days to get it replaced.
- Chris can you make up a gant chart for us, sure no problem... Now why is Microsoft project not installed on my computer!
- It has taken more than 2 weeks for me to get access to the documentation systems that basically run the entire organisation, not that the delay matters because I don't have autocad installed on my computer so I can't open the ****ing drawings anyway.
- So they have hard copies of the drawings right? Yeah they are locked in the cabinet. Someone gave me a key, except my keycard doesn't get me into the room which contains the locked cabinet in question.

I could go on but I'm only getting angrier and I haven't started posting in the other forums yet so I don't want to upset anyone. :banghead:

Christ, it sounds like you're in some kinda weird life version of resident evil where you need to go solve a puzzle to get a keycard to get into the one room the useless key that you can only use once is meant for to claim some kinda document that will only lead you to more clues and more keys which you'll obvioulsy discard around the workplace on the search for some item that is almost certain to be somewhere near where you started your search for it - when you get sorted some big monster is going to attack you, you're going to kick its ass and ride off into the sunset on one of those jet-ski thingies with some whinging little teenager on the back telling you she loves you, as you try to throw her overboard...

hang in there...

Ah the Kwinana refinery. I know the place, it's the only other one in Australia.

LOL that sounds very accurate. The big monster can be my boss doing the employee review, and the whinging teenager can be the Chem engineer in the technical department. Welcome to full time work Chris >_< See I'm even talking to myself already.

Kwinana sounds like what DH said. Yes. And if it is the only other *insert-2nd-and-16th-letter-of-alphabet-here* refinery in Australia, then it must be it. I would prefer that or Edmonton to Texas City ANY time!!!!

Yeah of course. Australians are much nicer than Americans. brb I'm off to put on a flame proof suit. :spank:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back