If Nikon made a D6000, what should be the specs?

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon has a D5xxx & D7xxx series of cameras. If Nikon was to make a D6xxx series, would it be a high end entry level body with focus motor? Or compact DSLR that is suited more toward video (4K)?

What would you like to see if Nikon was to make a D6000?

I'm just bored.

Last edited:
Your guess is as good as mine.

Nobody saw the D500 coming ... so how would we know what the D6000 will be like ?

Well Nikon has also the entry level D3xxx, but that is not the point here. (Even so I think that they should phase it out my merging with the D5xxx)

Having said that, one would have an entry level equiv of D3xxxx and D5500, with simple ergonomics and no flip screen.

An advanced new D6xxx which would have the technical specs of the D5500, but offer improved ergonomics (two wheels for aperture and shutter speed, plus some extra direct access buttons) but no other changes - and then the D7xxx with build-in motor and ergonomics similar to the D610/D750.

Just my 5 cents

Well Nikon has also the entry level D3xxx, but that is not the point here. (Even so I think that they should phase it out my merging with the D5xxx)

Having said that, one would have an entry level equiv of D3xxxx and D5500, with simple ergonomics and no flip screen.

An advanced new D6xxx which would have the technical specs of the D5500, but offer improved ergonomics (two wheels for aperture and shutter speed, plus some extra direct access buttons) but no other changes - and then the D7xxx with build-in motor and ergonomics similar to the D610/D750.

Just my 5 cents

Kind of like Canon's T6s.

That's kind of what I was thinking. A affordable advanced entry level DSLR with better ergonomics like said and dual control wheels. Maybe even a small simplified top LCD and in body focus motor.

If they ever do a d6xxx line I'd hope it takes pictures :)

I'm having a little laugh...

Our friend, Ken Rockwell predictions: Nikon D6000

well .. after the Nikon d5900 .. I'm going to guess they are going to come out with a d6000 series.
And .. just maybe ... after the D3900, they might come out with the d4000 series ...

so .. just wait a few more years and I'm sure the rumors will be true. :)

from 2009 .... a few years ago predicting the d6000 evolved from the d60.

Yeah, I know. I thought it was kind of funny. I liked my D60 though, that was a great camera. I started out with that camera.

Why would they make something between the D5000 and D7000 series?

I was thinking about how Canon has a third tier entry level camera, the T6s. Nikon could easily make a more affordable advance but still entry level DSLR and that would perhaps be the D6000. It was just a thought.

I was thinking about how Canon has a third tier entry level camera, the T6s. Nikon could easily make a more affordable advance but still entry level DSLR and that would perhaps be the D6000. It was just a thought.

I guess I'm just wondering what you could want that isn't offered in the D7200. I mean right now at B&H the D7200 is only $350 more than the D5500. Is it really worth it to add a camera in the middle of that? If people really need/want those extra features, that price should be worth it to them. For those that don't need them, I think the D5500 provides most everything people need. Just my opinion.

Or maybe you can propose to Nikon to have a build-a-body program. Sorta like Dell with computers. Start with a base model and upgrade sensors and features as needed.

I guess I'm just wondering what you could want that isn't offered in the D7200. I mean right now at B&H the D7200 is only $350 more than the D5500. Is it really worth it to add a camera in the middle of that? If people really need/want those extra features, that price should be worth it to them. For those that don't need them, I think the D5500 provides most everything people need. Just my opinion.

Or maybe you can propose to Nikon to have a build-a-body program. Sorta like Dell with computers. Start with a base model and upgrade sensors and features as needed.

In my opinion, I think Nikon should have a entry level compact DSLR like the D3300 or D5500, BUT have a built in focus motor. That would be interesting to me. I just like critical thinking lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back