if you had $1800...

aside from the power cord - I am pretty curious of a macro lense. Does anyone have a recommendation? My old fuji finepix had the non changeable lense and worked great for macros but it seems i'll need a second lense for this to capture bugs and flowers ideally.

also - is it potentially cheaper to buy a macro lense in nepal or asia?

thanks!

aside from the power cord...

Sadly, I don't think you can charge the GH3 with USB. I got rid of the power cord, however, with a $5 Apple AC Wall adapter. Plug it into the top of your GH3's AC charger and you can leave the cord behind.

...I am pretty curious of a macro lense. Does anyone have a recommendation? My old fuji finepix had the non changeable lense and worked great for macros but it seems i'll need a second lense for this to capture bugs and flowers ideally...

I use an inexpensive old Sigma 18-50 constant f2.8 macro for 4/3 like this one with a $100 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter, and I love it - but they're hard to find and you have a deadline. If budget allows, I would get a $499.99 Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro. Like your camera, this lens is splashproof.

..also - is it potentially cheaper to buy a macro lense in nepal or asia?

I don't know about retail, but the Olympus 60mm is ¥3999 (about $635) from Amazon China and $499.99 from Amazon US.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back