if you were the last person in the world...

invisibledemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what would be the first thing you do when you realize there is nobody else?

me, id go to nissan and take a new GTR and drive to las vegas at top speeds just to get a konigsegg CCX. then i'd go to a beach somewhere.

yeah, but thats always been a weird fantasy of mine, even before that movie.

i always think about what it would be like.

edit:
as for survival?
we have plenty of supermarkets stocked woth canned good and such, one person would be good for a while.
unlimited guns and amo, supplies etc, come on, your the only person in the world, when one place runs out of stuff, go about 10 miles and hit up some new stores. lol. stockpile.

At least we wouldn't have to worry about internet forum arguments about photographing other people's children :D

As for your first post there, as much as I like cars, and as much as sim racing takes over my time more than flight simming, I would be heading for the nearest airport and jumping into a plane since I can't afford it as the world is now. I would be smart enough to make a Cessna 182 my selection for the first time of course. I'm pretty confident I could take one of those up and bring it back. Although, a Beechcraft Baron 58 is my choice of aircraft in flight simming though. Perhaps I would know/recognize that plane a bit better than a Cessna and would be a better choice.

I guess I'd just go see stuff. I'm not sure how'd I'd leave this continent though, so I guess I'd learn how to fly so I could go see other stuff?

I don't know. Let's hope I never run into that situation.

Oh, I'd go play golf at Augusta.

I would die the first day because i would find some really cool military stuff and start playing with it and probably blow myself up.

Or i would get into one of those cool military helicopters and try to fly it... and then i would probably crash, but the ride would be fun.

Or i would get in a gas haulin big rig and travel around the us... but then that would get boring, so i would find a plane, and try to fly it to other places in the world to see if i could find other people, or just see what other places look like. But since i have never flown a plane, i would probably crash trying to land the first time. If im lucky enough not die, i would become obsessed with sticking the perfect landing.

Yes, I have often thought about this. :)

Last person? I'd go into nature...

I would slowly but sure surely lose my mind with absolutely no human interaction whatsoever. I even consider myself to be somewhat antisocial but not ever seeing another person would have more effect than you would initially think.

That being said, I would drive around the country like a maniac in different vehicles just because I could.

hell yeah, tons of pics, i would raid every store in town, taking all of the best equipment. that would be the ****.

and i would also go stockpile a crapload of money, just in case people came back as fast as they left. gotta be prepared.

Me? I'd do the following...

1. Rush around looking for places that supplied petrol powered generators and I'd pick up two - a big one for the house and a small one I could put in my SUV. The small one would be necessary when it came time to refuel as 99% of petrol pumps are electric. The large one would be for powering the electric devices in the house.

2. I would then look for solar panels and deep cycle batteries so that I could ensure I had plenty power.

3. Unless there was a decent house built locally then I would design and build a new house with access to water and with a high wall all around in order that I could keep out wild animals and could grow my own crops.

4. I would stockpile arms and ammunition ranging from .22 LR pistols and rifles (for practice) up to .50 BMG and maybe some smaller artillery pieces. I'd also plant landmines around the outer perimieter of my kingdom just in case.

5. I would probably do all this in a warmer location - Florida, for example.

6. I would probably go back to nature and not bother too much with clothing :d

I would spend a lot of time wondering if being the only person left was a reward or punishment. And if I figured it out, it wouldn't matter anyway. I would soon lose interest in everything because there would be no one to share the good or the bad with.
Good and bad might become the same thing with no social feedback or rules. The good part would be if you posted photos on a forum at least you would know why you got no critique.

Most reactions

Back