Ignore button

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So... I am trying out this ignore button that the mods keep telling me about :greenpbl:. I really dont find it very useful. If I ignore someone, it will still show me the new threads that person started? I prefer not seeing it at all on my new posts feed? I really dont see why this is helping.

Most forums' Ignore function merely hides the posts of person you are ignoring. It won't make their threads invisible, nor their posts when someone else quotes them.

Most forums' Ignore function merely hides the posts of person you are ignoring. It won't make their threads invisible, nor their posts when someone else quotes them.
Yeah, I expected that but I thought it is silly that it is still showing the new thread started by the person.

We need a "NUKE" button, lol! Where everything the"Nuked" individual does, says, etc.. is GONE from the Nuker's screen! I know I would use it, and I am sure it would be used on me! ;)

A forum I used to haunt (now long gone) had a Smite function.

It might be sensible to add a ban function to the ignore option so that you may not post on the threads started by members on your ignore list, and they may not post on yours.

It's gone? Makes me wonder if that "Smite" button was used one too many times. :D

I would LOVE to have a Smite button, but the problem with that is I'd use it too often, just because it'd be fun to smite someone.

The Ignore button--I've never used it. I've come mighty close twice, but in the end I decided to use a different function--the "get up and go cool off until you can come back and realize that these are just strangers on the interwebz and really NOT worth losing your cool over" function. So far, it's worked for me every time, though sometimes it works in five minutes and sometimes it takes a week. :lmao:

It's gone? Makes me wonder if that "Smite" button was used one too many times. :D

I would LOVE to have a Smite button, but the problem with that is I'd use it too often, just because it'd be fun to smite someone.

The Ignore button--I've never used it. I've come mighty close twice, but in the end I decided to use a different function--the "get up and go cool off until you can come back and realize that these are just strangers on the interwebz and really NOT worth losing your cool over" function. So far, it's worked for me every time, though sometimes it works in five minutes and sometimes it takes a week. :lmao:

The forum is gone, not just the Smite button.

They also had an Exhalt button instead of Like.:D

I do not ignore people because even if I don't like them they might have something interesting to say about a photo or technique.

Plus I am not a petty child. ;)

I do not ignore people because even if I don't like them they might have something interesting to say about a photo or technique.

Plus I am not a petty child. ;)

Jeremy Clarkson IS a petty child :biglaugh:

You still see their posts, only the text is hidden, and I am pretty sure that when it gets quoted it's visible in the quoting post.

Since it breaks up the flow of conversation, it's mostly pretty useless, except for people who only post non-sequiturs.

We need a "NUKE" button, lol! Where everything the"Nuked" individual does, says, etc.. is GONE from the Nuker's screen! I know I would use it, and I am sure it would be used on me! ;)
No No now, who would want to nuke you, You make TPF fun and don't sugar coat :wink: I agree though, there should be a Nuke Button - Atomic wipeout.

The ignore button isn't perfect, but it's definitely better than getting your hackles up all the time if you and someone else on TPF have a sticky relationship.

Oddly, though, I've never used it. If someone gets my hackles up I just try to ignore them in a non-technical manner. :) As runnah said... sometimes they will have something useful to say. Actually there are some people I would have originally ignored that I later found to have some interesting insights. You just never know.

-shrug-

Still, ignore better than flame wars.

As a moderator I support the ignore option. :)

(I'm also still annoyed that no one has noticed that mish, pix and I are now "full" moderators, btw. You people suck.) :lol:

Most reactions

Back