Ikoflex heritage - forgotten pellicule

Inu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
6B08FF63-9D6C-4EF3-9380-E3A2EF082D8F.jpeg
Dear all,

I just enherited an Ikoflex camera that belonged to my late grandfather.

Upon following a tutorial to see how the loading mechanism works and opening the back, I found a piece of (ripped?) film.

Can you please tell me if the film is still usable? Or might there be undeveloped pictures on it? And did I just ruin them by exposing them to the light? Would the roll be worth developing / shooting after decades of non-use? Any idea as to why the pellicule was ripped?

Thanks,
Inu

View attachment 156624 Dear all,

I just enherited an Ikoflex camera that belonged to my late grandfather.

Upon following a tutorial to see how the loading mechanism works and opening the back, I found a piece of (ripped?) film.

Can you please tell me if the film is still usable? Or might there be undeveloped pictures on it? And did I just ruin them by exposing them to the light? Would the roll be worth developing / shooting after decades of non-use? Any idea as to why the pellicule was ripped?

Thanks,
Inu
Considering the inadvertent exposure to light, I would not expect much in the way of useable negatives. If you can get it developed for very little money, (in your own darkroom, for instance) go ahead and see what is on there. The edges will be fogged, so don't expect miracles.

As to why the film was torn, I have no idea.

I would investigate the film tearing before fitting a n ew film. That is, make sure the two chrome rollers and the holders for the new film are rotating freely and that there are no sharp snags inside the camera.

What is the relevance of 'forgotten pellicle'?

I found a piece of (ripped?) film.

Can you please tell me if the film is still usable?

This is all so vague, who could really say?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back