DSC_12980049.jpg

the dome at the state capitol building

DSC_12600027.jpg

a really old chess board at a museum.

DSC_12760041.jpg

some crystal balls from a lamp

DSC_12500018.jpg

some more crystal balls

EDIT: and out of the last two, which one do you think is better? i might enter one in a local photo contest

Like the crystal balls. Think the chess board i slightly out of focus, can't find really good focus anywhere on that picture. And for the Lincoln statue I think the sun has an negative effect. Now thats Critique, Besides from that, I love the dome picture and I'd like to see Another picture of the Lincoln from another view.

With the first shot of the statues, you're shooting right into the sun so you've darkened the details in the statue. Also, you can see red and purple dots on the statue as well (from shooting into the sun). You can probably bring out some detail in Photoshop but it's always best not to shoot into the sun. Did they have the back of the tomb blocked off? When I went last year, you couldn't even get down to Oak Ridge Vault behind the tomb! Grrr! Is it still blocked off do you know? I'd love to get down there again! Anywho...the 2nd shot is very cool! That is the Old State Capitol building right? I didn't get a chance to go in the new one yet....I definitely want to go back to get this shot though! The chess board is out of focus but would be a neat shot. Where was this museum at? With the last 2 shots, I do like the second one best but I would've liked to see a bit more space on either side of the picture just so there would be three round balls rather than having anything cut off.

On a side note, have you been to the Lincoln Museum? You can't take shots inside the musuem (except in the lobby part) but it's amazing if you haven't been there!

With the first shot of the statues, you're shooting right into the sun so you've darkened the details in the statue. Also, you can see red and purple dots on the statue as well (from shooting into the sun). You can probably bring out some detail in Photoshop but it's always best not to shoot into the sun. Did they have the back of the tomb blocked off? When I went last year, you couldn't even get down to Oak Ridge Vault behind the tomb! Grrr! Is it still blocked off do you know? I'd love to get down there again! Anywho...the 2nd shot is very cool! That is the Old State Capitol building right? I didn't get a chance to go in the new one yet....I definitely want to go back to get this shot though! The chess board is out of focus but would be a neat shot. Where was this museum at? With the last 2 shots, I do like the second one best but I would've liked to see a bit more space on either side of the picture just so there would be three round balls rather than having anything cut off.

On a side note, have you been to the Lincoln Museum? You can't take shots inside the musuem (except in the lobby part) but it's amazing if you haven't been there!

i think the back was still blocked,so you could only get to the tomb from one side. and at the Lincoln museum, i could take pictures from inside, which sucked

Most reactions

Back