Illinois Old State Capitol C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm taking a photography class for fun, and one of our assignments was to take photos in the old state capitol building. It's quite historic, and has a lot of tie-in's with Abe Lincoln.
I haven't done much shooting of buildings, as I am most comfortable with portraits or nature.
However, after about an hours worth of shooting I think I was able to find some interesting shots. Took about 100, liked about 4! :eek:
With the exception of the last shot all were taken with my 50mm from between f/1.4-f/2.8
1. This is in the old senate chamber. One of the workers allowed me to enter the chambers on the strict instruction I 'not touch anything'. It was very nice of her.
OldCapitol1.jpg

2. This picture was in the office of the treasurer. Again, not allowed to touch anything, and I had very limited access to move around the room.
OldCapitol2.jpg

3. I think this is the least favorite of my shots, but I do like it for some reason.
OldCapitol4.jpg

4. This picture was taken on the top level, through a clear glass bulb suspended from a historic lamp. In the reverse image you can see the rotunda, as well as the open areas. This was taken approximatly 3.5' from the bulb using my 70-200. I had to use fairly high ISO (1600) in order to get my speed up around 1/100. I had IS on for this shot.
OldCapitol5.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back