Illuminated Cone Flower

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took shots of this flower throughout the day. This was taken later in the day and caught some nice backlighting :)

C&C always welcome and appreciated!

*wanders in to check on this thread and shoo the crickets out*

It would be more interesting to me if everything was in focus. Try focus stacking sometime. It will knock your socks off.

Thanks Bynx, I haven't tried stacking (or HDR) yet but I'm looking forward to it ! Thanks for pointing out the potential in this one. Perhaps I will revisit this before the flower is gone and get the shots I need so when I'm set up for it I have them to play with :)

Thanks John :)

Hey Bynx, I was uploading the set and found this one. I wasn't sure about the composition on it so passed it up for the OP.
Better? ....

I'm still a noob at photography and I'd say those are really good. I mean I haven't even got my DSLR yet(getting it next week!). So I just go off you better photographers.

you fail before sucsess

Thanks Sam and Jowens.

Sam, enjoy your DSLR! Remember to read the whole manual ;) Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Jowens, I swear out of everything so far composition trips me up most often, apparently even when I get it right I on't see it all the time yet lol

I really like the composition, and strong colors of both pictures. And as Bynx said, pic #1 does suffer from lack of DOF. Believe me, I'm no one to talk as I've struggled with it in almost all my close up florals.

I haven't tried Stacking yet, as you really need a focus rail to get it right, and I don't have one. Manually focusing at different points would require way better eyes then I have.

Thanks Joel :) my intention in the shot was for a shallow DOF but it doesn't seem to be doing the subject justice for most. I like the shot but def see the power a stacked shot or deeper DOF is stronger.

I watched Sparky's videos on stacking. They're really well done. But you do need a focusing rail to have any real control over the process. Without it, it's like a crap shoot, and then there's the issue of moving the camera even if it's on a tripod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back