Ilona

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
f_4a3e96ad98ebf.jpg

I really like the mood and she is tack sharp.

You didn't ask but I imagine you would expect comments. She is very centered in the image, which in itself isn't always a bad thing. However, once I noticed how in-focus the branch above and the bush below on the right were, it kept drawing my eyes there because nothing else is.... except your model.. Also since she is looking camera left, IMO the negative space should be there, leaving her more to the right of the frame.

Just my 2¢.

I love the fact that there is a part of the foreground in focus (wouldn't quite call it framing). Combined with the not-entirely-blurred background, it makes the photo look like a painting, which is all the more impressive for a b&w pic. There is something about the bokeh that bugs me, it makes some parts of the background look distracting. The flowering bush thingy looks great, but the part above it draws my attention from the model.

I really like the mood and she is tack sharp.

You didn't ask but I imagine you would expect comments. She is very centered in the image, which in itself isn't always a bad thing. However, once I noticed how in-focus the branch above and the bush below on the right were, it kept drawing my eyes there because nothing else is.... except your model.. Also since she is looking camera left, IMO the negative space should be there, leaving her more to the right of the frame.

Just my 2¢.
I am not the fan of the central framing. It is that rare case for me when it seemed to me, that so it will be better. Thanks for your comment. Certainly, I am very glad to any response.
Thanks!

I had a look at your link in your signature. WOW, I think you know what you're feeling for the shots. I am not, nor shall I ever strive to be a wedding photographer, but you have such a unique style. I may draw on some of your images for inspiration, if you don't mind.

Thanks for sharing.

Never been to Lithuania but the little I saw of the churches (and other buildings) makes me want to go.

The photos on your wedding website are beautiful. Not all perfect but that was how I ended up shooting weddings myself. I just couldn't stand the "20 expected poses/all perfect" wedding photo menu in a nondescript church followed by a reception in a nondescript banquet hall. I wanted something that felt more real. Once I decided to shoot differently, before I signed a contract, I always checked out the location and if it didn't inspire me, I would not do the wedding :lol:

Thanks for the memories. Maybe I'll look for a few weddings to do once in a while.

As for the photo in this thread, I agree with Kundalini that, if the model was a bit more to the right, just a little bit so that she is not so dead center, it would have been a gorgeous image. And if you could have managed it while leaving her in the center of that lighter area background circle, it would have been even better.

Of course, that is only my humble opinion.

Love these kind of fantasy-like shots, sweetly done.

Lovely pic and nice observations guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back