I'm home everybody (well almost...)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yay I'm back in Oz and it's been pissing down with rain every since I got here yesterday. Yay! But it does mean I can't go to Byron Bay today. *sob* (Kind of good coz gives me more quality time and catching up with Adrian, :mrgreen: who btw is the most charming and sweetest man ever! Except for everyone elses boyfriends here, of course. :blushing: )

I had a serious case of jet lag... I didn't sleep for 42 hours straight (well I got about 3hrs on the plane) and so here at Adrian's place I was really dopey all morning until I just crashed at around 1pm. Slept until 7, then ate dinner then went back to bed, woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep so came on here.

The holiday was awesome. I finally got so see Greece and the pretty blue domes on white houses, all while doing the holiday on a cruise ship too, which was awesome. Also went to some ports in Italy and Croatia as well. All of which were stunning. We were very lucky with the weather.

Then spent a week in Paris, again, the weather was great. Did all the touristy things... and also some local things which was nice. They had a great big music festival on one night we were there which was amazing... so many people in the street (and right by our appartment which was in the middle of Paris - Fontaine St Michel for anyone that knows it).

Then flew the 20 hour flight back home via Singapore. Singapore airport is awesome! Food on the plane was excellent but I just wish I slept more on the plane. But I was enjoying the entertainment system so much. Then i got chatting to the air hosties who were great and we had a good time bitching about Qantas and Dick Smith.

It was really strange seeing everything aussie again, like number plates and trees and little things like that. Got freaked out being a passenger while driving on the left hand side of the road though. I think Adrian was gonna kick me out of the car coz I was giving him such a hard time saying "stop!!", "ARGH the light's red!!!", "watch out for that car!!".

Shall be back home to Cairns by early next week when everything gets back to normal. Yay!! :mrgreen: and I finally get to see our new puppy, Sooty my parents got a couple months back. Yay!!

You're sooooo posh!!!! *ducks* Haha! Missed me! *whack* Ouch. :blackeye: :(

We've finally got a thunder storm going here to! Yay!!!! Hope it lasts all night. :)

Posh?! What was posh about that?
*whack again!!*

We were in massive drought too, so this rain is awesome. It's really heavy too! Not like that piss weak european rain that sort of looses inspiration half way down and sort of swirls around.
Here we got big meaty rain drops that could crush a small child.

Meysha said:
Posh?! What was posh about that?
*whack again!!*

We were in massive drought too, so this rain is awesome. It's really heavy too! Not like that piss weak european rain that sort of looses inspiration half way down and sort of swirls around.
Here we got big meaty rain drops that could crush a small child.

Could ya send some my way????

Nice amount of rain last night. Been out with the dogs, had my shower and it's 11:30. About time I had some breakfast considering I've been awake since 7am.

There is a walkway going along the field next to my house. It used to be nothing but mud, hence its name the "mud track". Last year they decided to rip it up, layed down some hardcore, plenty of gravel and turned it into part of a 16 mile cycle route. It's on a hill and you can easily get 20mph without peddling. It must have been a river last night because most of the gravel has gone. Near the top you can find lumps of it where it's has collected. You can also see mud from the fields at the edges of the track.
One of the woods I walk the dogs in must have been a bit wet to. Lots of surface soil has gone and some parts have a build-up of debris.
The river is a tiny bit high. You can see where it was around four feet higher then normal from the silt now on the trees and plants at the edge of the river. A woman told me that the next park is flooded. I wanted to have a nose but the dogs and I had been out for an hour already so I thought it best not to. If it's not raining later I'll go that way with the bike. Further down the river it is flooded, or so the radio has said. And the spring which feeds the river is pumping out loads of water. Normally you can't even see a trickle.

They say we'll have more rain later and for the next few days.

welcome back Meysha! :) I'm glad you had a nice holiday :D sooo... I hope to see a lot of pictures soon...

Ahh sounds like we had a good time and I'll bet it feels good to be 'home' - no doubt your gagging to get back to Cairns and see the family again and sleep in your own bed!! (I always miss my bed during long periods away from home)

Anyways, nice to hear from you kiddo*cough*Vicky! :wink: :lol:

Glad you had a nice trip and I bet it's great to be back home and to be able to see Adrian again. Can't wait to see some pictures of your travels.

Most reactions

Back