im new and have some questions...

superspud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, im a photogrophy student studying photogrophy A level (UK) and i have just aquired a Centon K100 slr 35mm camera. i know its a no frills camera, but its second hand from a guy that was a fairly competant photogropher, therefore it has lots of accessories that im abit clueless as to what they are...

first is a red lense (52mm) that screws onto the front of the lense. i can only guess that it is for black and white photogrophy....

second is a lense just like the first that is clear. im assuming this is a UV filter, but i would like to know when to use it...

third, is a flash gun with lots of very confusing graphs, numbers and switches on. any idea what these could be?

any info greatly appriciated. also looking for a bulk supplier of 36exp 200iso black and white film.

thanks alot,
pete

Welcome to the forum,

Yes, the red filter is for b&w. It will darken green and some blue.

A clear one is probably a UV filter, most people use these to protect the front glass on the lens...

If you can, try to find an instruction manual for your flash. Maybe someone around here will be of more help for this than I am.

hi, the flash is a Centon FG30D il see if i can find any info.

thanks

Most reactions

Back