I'm submitting three photos into an exhibit at school. Need advice.

bleeblu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bleeblu.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

There's an exhibit at my school where I can turn in up to three pieces. This is my first time to have my photos printed, framed and for people to see. I think it's a competition but I'm not quite sure. I really want to stand out and blow people away. I haven't been doing this for long but if I get someone to stop and look at my photos would be great for me.

I've never been to an exhibit so I don't know if there is a certain theme to follow. These are the three I plan on turning in...

Seafood Diet by Mark Harless, on Flickr

The Ease of Falling by Mark Harless, on Flickr

Zeppelin by Mark Harless, on Flickr

Now my question is, the last one isn't as strong as the other two. Would that be a problem? Should I shoot something else that kind of fits the theme? I don't know if it would be weird having these three photos on a wall and one of them clearly doesn't belong. Or should I just turn in two?

Sorry for all the questions. I want to do this right. Thank you guys in advance!

The first two have a very high-pass, commercial look. The last is more of a raw concept, you also have two that deliver shock-value, where the third doesn't. It is the odd-ball. That being said, the 2nd image is a fantastic photograph.

The first two are winners for sure. The third looks like a snapshot gone bad, like the wind blew at the wrong moment. Unless you have something similar to the first two, I would only submit those.

Ohhh, my aging back hurts looking at that second one.

Ah, okay. I figured. Maybe I can conjure up an idea tomorrow to replace it!

The first two are winners for sure. The third looks like a snapshot gone bad, like the wind blew at the wrong moment. Unless you have something similar to the first two, I would only submit those.
Is it not obvious that the balloons over the subject is intentional? It's is a wonderful photograph.

This is the great thing about Art, the friction!!

Friction with balloons gets you static electricity...... we need to get really huge balloons to rub together as a source of renewable energy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back