Image delivery time frame?

Just curious, after the shoot, how long does it take you to go through your images, photoshop (basic) and send? What time frame do you quote your clients?

Usually I take 24-48 hours to get the proofs up and another 3-10 days to get the images done, depending if they want digital files or prints. If a client wants a faster turnaround, I do it if I have enough time on my hands. Otherwise, I add a rush charge unless it's a major client.

Portrait customers get to view the images right then and there. They get to select which ones (if any) they want special things done(ie. cropped, b&w etc.) then they can make their order right then and there while the excitment of the photoshoot is still fresh in their mind. For weddings we usually talk about a 7 day proof viewing(just to give us time in case we have another event the next day) Then we promise a two week turnaround on all edit and prints. Another tid bit, we do offer an online viewing but not until the bride and groom come in for the initial proof viewing. We want them to come in and view the images and usually we put together a little slide show with a digital "album" that we can have printed for them. We usually make it our top of the line book with as many images in it as we can. Usually the client looks at it and doesn't want to spend that much, but in the end they do because the just don't want to remove any photos. It is a great money maker.

Portrait customers get to view the images right then and there. They get to select which ones (if any) they want special things done(ie. cropped, b&w etc.) then they can make their order right then and there while the excitment of the photoshoot is still fresh in their mind. For weddings we usually talk about a 7 day proof viewing(just to give us time in case we have another event the next day) Then we promise a two week turnaround on all edit and prints. Another tid bit, we do offer an online viewing but not until the bride and groom come in for the initial proof viewing. We want them to come in and view the images and usually we put together a little slide show with a digital "album" that we can have printed for them. We usually make it our top of the line book with as many images in it as we can. Usually the client looks at it and doesn't want to spend that much, but in the end they do because the just don't want to remove any photos. It is a great money maker.

I like the idea of showing images immediately. It sort of gets it out the way. I've also found that sometimes (rarely) clients don't like the images I like - or they choose one's I'd never choose. Hey, it's their money.

I think I'll try letting them choose the images they want then and there along with an order form for prints. Makes sense that the excitement about the shoot is still on their minds.

Most reactions

Back