Image Edit Challenge

Should we have a poll up at the end of 1 week?

• yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted a while back about an image editing challenge for fun.. so here it goes! I'm posting a SOOC image for you to edit as you see fit. I'm sharing my own edit as well. I'm posting a JPG from Flickr and a dropbox link for a RAW file. Maybe they can be put to a poll afterwards if people are up for it truly being a "challenge" lol..

SOOC:
CBC_1805 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MY EDIT:
CBC_1805-2 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Dropbox RAW file: Dropbox - CBC_1805.NEF

Here's my edit :)
Remember that I'm still a noob haha.
Not quite full quality due to file size but not too bad.

edit final small2.jpg

Last edited:
I had some free time today so I played around with the pic for a bit. Not sure which of my edits I like best, but if I had to pick one, I'd say number four.

CBC_1805_JM001_small_zpsfca67765.jpg

CBC_1805_JM002_small_zpsbb6d4591.jpg

CBC_1805_JM003_small_zps59c2b23e.jpg

CBC_1805_JM004_small_zps9446ab03.jpg

Bonnie, first of all, nice image to be allowing us to edit and the raw file. I decided to give it a go and used LR4, PSE 11 and Nik Collection to do my edit. I did a few small adjustments and the final crop in LR4. In PSE, I did some spot healing and worked on the eyes. Then I used Nik collections for vibrance, skin softening and gave it a glamour glow. (The glamour glow isn't really my style but I thought it worked for this photo) I went with the 4x5 crop suitable for and 8x10 printout.

CBC_1805-Edit.jpg

It's interesting to see the interpretations of natural light - here in the UK we're used to seeing things in colder light due to the godawful climate so bluer tones look natural to us whereas I've noticed people stateside often edit for warmer tones.

Can I come live over there?

I did a color version, trying for the feeling of that warm, American southwest late afternoon/early evening light.
CBC_1805_Derrel's color edit_1600x.JPG

This is my interpretation of Arizona's near-sunset lighting and this lovely woman.Although I liked the color edit I did above, I felt that the real essence of the shot was really more with just her and with less background, so I rotated the photo a bit and cropped in to what I thought made her stand out the most.

CBC_1805_Derrel's BW crop.JPG

It's really interesting to me to see how everyone sees and edits the same image. Very cool!

Most reactions

Back