Image hosting website

Milhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to know what people are using for hosting their images. I set up a Flickr account and uploaded some pics, but I don't think that the site is that good. I also heard some negative comments from some friends. I noticed in the sticky "How to post pictures ..." there is SmugMug or PhotoBucket. Just wondering what people recommend.

Thanks

Mypicturetown.com is hosted by Nikon and gives you 2Gs free space, they are giving 20G free untill april and then will charge for the 20G. It doesn't offer anyediting that I've found but it's great so far for what I use it for.

I use Flickr and haven't had any problems with it. Seems like a pretty popular site and from the view counts my photos are getting a little exposure - pardon the pun.

SmugMug for the most control. You can customize the look. You can upload full size images. You can move up to a "Pro" account and set prices for your pictures. Most others do not have these features. It is one of the more expensive sites. About $40-$60 bucks a year depending on the account, but it's the best I've seen.
Here is my SmugMug site
http://gpimages.smugmug.com/

Using Flickr can you link to those images from here?

I've hosted my own pictures with my own server for maximum quality. I have used Photobucket but I didnt like it too much.

yeah you can put flickr images in your posts and link to them.

Just a question to smugmug users: do you feel that your photos get a lot of exposure? Have you sold any through smugmug? How much do you get for each one bought (%)?

jhackett,
I also have a picasa account. I don't like that you cannot customize it at all and there is only 1 level (no directories or subdirectories). I have contacted them and I don't know when or if they will ever change it. As far as uploading to the website it is the easiest I have found. Just put the pictures on your computer, open picasa and just a couple of clicks the whole album is created online (although the picture size is reduced). Because of the file structure and the reduced file size I have switched to SmugMug.

I use flickr, I like it. Was with pbase before but that went down hill so I cancelled my subscription. Flickr seems fast and I like the fact that you can setup groups and also search by camera type.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back