Image stabilization relative to post production...

If you are a beginning photographer your camera does not have an image stabilization feature is blur something that can be taken care of post-production... I'm choosing a camera and my fear is that without image stabilization I do not have the steady hands to capture a sharp image on a consistent basis... Your thoughts please:).
Back in the early days, we never had IS or VR. We had to learn good camera holding techniques.

Motion blur is not correctable in post processing.

Reactions: D7K
ac12 made a very good point bout image stabilizing lenses. I have a Canon 18-55mm zoom lens that I have no trouble with when the I.S. is switched to off. My Canon 75-300mm tele lens does not have it and trying to eliminate blur, especially on a dim day when hand held can be a real pita. I find myself increasing the shutter speeds and adjusting other settings to compensate a lot. I've noticed in 'low light' conditions my 75-300 also has trouble even auto focusing so that doesn't help with blur either.

or increase the SS.

This.

I have poor camera holding technique and my wobbliness is especially noticeable when I use a long lens. Keeping shutter speed up is the key for me. I rarely shoot slower than 1/5oo and I never get blur from camera shake. I'd rather up the ISO and have a noisy photo than a blurry one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back