Impaled

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from a wee while ago. For some reason this poor fella had been impaled on a gorse bush spike. Never did find the culprit.

DF + I 1024-3.jpg

DF + I 1024-4.jpg

DF + I 1024-2- DENOISED-standard.jpg

Ta. Very strange instance I thought.

Absolutely. Not sure I have ever seen this before. I wonder how it happened? Very detailed shots.
Thanks.

I can only assume some other predarory insect or even bird must have done it. Shrikes do it with their prey, small mamals, amphibians etc so maybe some other species does it with insects.

What a strange find. Really nice shot on the second. Almost like someone purposefully stuck it on the thorn so it wouldn't move for the shot🤔😂

What a strange find. Really nice shot on the second. Almost like someone purposefully stuck it on the thorn so it wouldn't move for the shot🤔😂
😁😁Not guilty M'Lud. I'm not one of those who abuses nature to get a shot😉.

It was out in the middle of nowhere, just off a wee, single track country road, not frequented too often by us humans (other than in vehicles or on bikes). It has me stumped for sure.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Unusual- Red Backed Shrike - do this on thorn bushes

Les :)

Yeah, I mentioned Shrikes earlier but unaware if they do it with insects as well as their usual menu of rodents, birds, amphibians etc. Well named as the Butcher Bird.

Yeah, I mentioned Shrikes earlier but unaware if they do it with insects as well as their usual menu of rodents, birds, amphibians etc. Well named as the Butcher Bird.
Firstly nice photo, shrikes are very rare in the UK so that would surprise me.

Well photographed.

I found a fly impaled on a blade of grass in my parents backyard in the early 1980's. I took a picture of it and kept it in a plastic bag for about two years. Then it fell apart.

Wish I still had that photo.

i saw the title and instantly knew what you found.
Makes me wonder how many other bugs have the same fate.

Most reactions

Back