Important Health & Safety Information

Are vinyl gloves alright

Kitchen marigolds were always available to us in school. If anything, household chemicals are going to be more reactive and corrosive. The issue with darkroom chemistry is long-term exposure.

I've used those (but never heard them called that). Sounds like gardening gloves! lol

Those are what I was taught to use; I don't know about those vinyl gloves.

jeremyh1988 said:
Are vinyl gloves alright

zombie_Canon for eternity.jpg

I use a surgical type rubber glove on one hand for times when I must poke my
fingers in the soup. They are cheap.
Surgical type gloves vary considerably. Nitrile rubber ones are reasonably impenetrable to chemicals, but Latex ones allow most of the chemicals in our lab to pass straight through - they actually give a false sense of security so could be worse than nothing!

My surgical gloves are certified by the Surgical Glove Manufacturer's Guild to be free of any false senses of security.

On the other hand : which gloves stop radiation from computerlike devices ?

Geeze guys!

In my teens thru 40's I processed my own work in my B&W darkroom without a mask, safety glasses or gloves and, truth be told, I even used to smoke, drink and eat in there...on occasion. Now I am 63 years old and still have all my digits and health after running film and prints thru the soup .

Maybe scientists should sample my blood to see how I survived. :chuncky:

Wow, this is 6 years old.

And yet we are still learning things every day for the next person that joins TPF.
Apparently it's a software issue with the new Forum set-up that keeps kicking up old threads. Folk see the thread appear and generally without realising it's old, comment on it. Admin are actively looking to resolve the matter. There, that's something else learned.

Most reactions

Back