Imposter

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yeah, It's a fake. I saw right threw it but I figured it would be neat to give a try. I burned up a roll of film in it just to find out what it would do, as it turns out this plastic imitation camera with it's plastic imitation lens is little better than a holga :lol:Thirteen frames lost to totally light leek and the salvageable remaining frames will be posted elsewhere.

It's a 35mm film P-Shooter on steroids, not very good steroids at that, It has an entire four aperture settings (6.3, 8, 11, 16) on a 50mm lens, Auto wind, an auto timer estimated somewhere around 10 sec, a goofy top mounted display I have never seen before along with a traditionally located viewfinder, an awful red light that shows up in every shot with any semblance of a reflective surface and a flash. Believe it or not the flash does not seem too bad....It makes some light :lol:, It can be adjusted into several bounce positions and direct along with some control over width of the flash. How ever this camera sucks in low light conditions even with the flash and I don't dare hook it up too a real camera to see what it will do.

100_2747.jpg

100_2755.jpg

100_2760.jpg

100_2762.jpg

100_2763.jpg

And side by side with a real Canon
100_2742.jpg

Over all, It's a toy camera, Not a bad camera to let your five year old play with, but any serious amateur with out kids should just pooch punt this thing and see how far it goes, or suck it up and join a holga club.

As far as price on this thing goes my information is flawed, as it was purchased by my Brother in law from *truck stop overshipping sale about five or six years ago. He paid somewhere around 35 to 40 USD for it.

Sample Pictures

*Truck stop overshipping sale - semi common occurrence where manufacturer ships more product than ordered, when this happens the receiver states "we only ordered this many, we don't want it, get rid of it" and the manufacturer states "We did not ship more than they ordered, we don't want it, get rid of it." Drivers usually keep merchandise or phence it off at a truck stop.

Thats hilarious, really it is.

Thats hilarious, really it is.
Yeah, I figured I should tell of my exploights just incase, I would not want a noobie grabbing one of these things and thinking it real.

The construction seems somewhat durable, wich is why I would not mind letting the kids play with it with some store brand film in it.

Also, with as blatent as it is and as vague as the book is I would not be surprised to find it with all four of the well known in america name plates stuck on it, IE Canon, Nikon, Kodak, maybe Konika-Minolta or Poleroid.

I love the 'Optical Lens' label that partially blocks the lens!

Reminds me of guys selling excess speakers out of white vans back in the 80's

-S

It looks just like someone did a crappy job with an exacto cutting out the canon and super-gluing it on the front. That's pretty amusing.

edit: hahahaha... the optical lens sticker...

It looks just like someone did a crappy job with an exacto cutting out the canon and super-gluing it on the front. That's pretty amusing.

edit: hahahaha... the optical lens sticker...

It looks as though they printed up the Canon name plate on some basic plastic bubble emblem stickers. The emblem dose not show up anywhere in the manual, only the recess where it goes. Providing further evidence to my theroy about other makers names being placed on it.

Yeah, the "optical lens" sticker is my fav, too... like, what kind of other lens might it be?

Yeah, the "optical lens" sticker is my fav, too... like, what kind of other lens might it be?

It can't be removed either, It's actually behind the lens. If you hold the thing it's painfuly obvious these people know nothing about cameras, I'm surprised I got any pictures out of it at all.

My personal fav is the "focus free" part, lol It's either manual or auto or fixed what the hell is focus free.

That is great LOL. I am looking for another backup camera/ just maybe!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back