Impressionistic Country Road

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are my two best shots from an evening drive yesterday.

I'm pretty happy with the colours in both, normally with these shots it is a battle against muddy colours.

In the first one I wish there was a little more texture especially in the light grey trees around the vanishing point.
I sat on posting these two because of the first one, it is almost too "smooth" but looking again this morning there is still something appealing in it to me. In the second I'm iffy about the tuft of grass bottom right.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
PixelRabbit said:
Here are my two best shots from an evening drive yesterday.

I'm pretty happy with the colours in both, normally with these shots it is a battle against muddy colours.

In the first one I wish there was a little more texture especially in the light grey trees around the vanishing point.
I sat on posting these two because of the first one, it is almost too "smooth" but looking again this morning there is still something appealing in it to me. In the second I'm iffy about the tuft of grass bottom right.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/judi_smelko/8290102950/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/judi_smelko/8290568997/

I would agree with the colours in both being really nice. I also like the composition. I'm just not sure that the "effect" is doing it for me.

1) I find it too blurry and wishing there was more detail or for the the blurryness to be softer.

2) I really like the composition in this one. The colours are great and I like the way the road leads your eye through the frame. I would much rather see this one with out any blur or with slightly more. As it is I find that it simply looks like an OOF photo.

#1 Is too much for me but #2 on the other hand is wonderfully done...I find it really peaceful to look at!

Thanks for your thoughts everyone :) I continue to work on refining these shots so your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I like both, but think #2 could be better with a little less foreground.

Yep, #2 for me too. Agree w/ Ken on the foreground.

Thanks Bazooka, Ken and Mishele :)
Good point about the crop, scrolling the image in the OP so it's cropped at the bottom of the tuft of grass that was bothering me grounds it a bit and makes it less of an issue, thanks you two!

These are beautiful, Pixel. You continue to inspire.

Thanks Desi! I was so happy to see your experiments with this kind of shot, can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back