Impressive and cheap Macro lens - Butterflies with the Pergear 60 mm f/2.8 Macro

ParadiseBizz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For my youtube channel ParadiseBizz I am frequently buying and testing lenses for my Sony a6100 and Sony A7RIV.
So I bought the Pergear 60mm f2.8 Macro, a manual focus APS-C lens.
I did not expect much, since it only retails for about $220.

But it was very sharp and the results pretty impressive.

please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• DSC05140.jpg
    DSC05140.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Very nice. Some of the inexpensive lenses, such as my Canon EF-S 55-250, which retails for about the same price, are surprisingly good.

Thank you. It was a challenge for me, because it was my very first macro experience, and at close distance every tiny handshake is a major move in the viewfinder
You're off to a good start. I'm just starting out with macro photography as well.

Please share some of your photos.
And if you're interested take a look at my lens review:
If a commercial link is removed by a moderator of TPF, it is not the intention to simply re-post the same link (to your own YouTube channel) or did you perhaps not understand that yet?

If a commercial link is removed by a moderator of TPF, it is not the intention to simply re-post the same link (to your own YouTube channel) or did you perhaps not understand that yet?
Can I share link to a lens review that is not on my own channel?

Looks similar to the Venus Optics 60mm, manual focus which I have and it's a great wee piece of kit.

Please share some of your photos.

White glad from my garden. The macro lens I used for that photo cost me about $75.00.

One of my favorite ways to shoot close-up and macro images is to use an enlarging lens. The lens in the photo below is a 50mm f/2.8 El Nikkor which I kept from my darkroom days. I bought it used for about $20.00. To use it on my camera I bought one of these for $45.00: FotodioX M42 Screw-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Series Camera Adapter with Macro The enlarging lens has a 39mm thread and the adapter a 42mm thread so a $3.00 step ring was needed and, to make it more versatile, I bought a cheap set of 42mm extension tubes.

Enlarging lenses are corrected for close focus and make superb close-up macro lenses.

white-glad.jpg

Pergear is selling both lenses, Venus Optics and Pergear. Maybe they are Identical and just rebranded, like Samyang and Rokinon?
Yeah, I think that is the case. Many lenses get rebranded under different seller names.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back