What's new

improvement with light

scotts2014se

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
278
Reaction score
112
Location
kcmo
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The one thing that I'm disappointed about is that I didn't get a shot with more light on the front fender.
$cave1.webp
 
Still, it looks pretty good! Better than most car shots I've seen on here in the last five years.
 
Thanks!
 
I'm not into cars but I still like the shot ;)
 
I would have liked a bit more light on the stone wall on the right side of the frame, but otherwise nicely done.
 
The one thing that I'm disappointed about is that I didn't get a shot with more light on the front fender.
View attachment 67805
Until you mentioned it, it didn't draw any attention, for me it's the rear-quarter that's maybe a bit inadequately lit. Lacking some separation from the wall behind.
 
Middle of the car seems relatively really dark to me.

However, as Derrel said, you are pretty much the only person I can remember ever having seen on this forum who attempted actual dramatic highlight lighting of a car, and you are like 80% of the way toward doing it perfectly, so excellent / thanks!
 
Thanks for all of the compliments. I'm really enjoying the light painting and using layers to create a picture. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
 
That is MILES (get it? Miles? Oh, yeah, that.. ok, sorry, it won't happen again) ahead of the last car shot I saw you post. That is fantastic! You have a different grill on there?
 
That is MILES (get it? Miles? Oh, yeah, that.. ok, sorry, it won't happen again) ahead of the last car shot I saw you post. That is fantastic! You have a different grill on there?

Thanks! Yes, it is not the stock grill. I made a honeycomb mesh one to give it a meaner look.
 
Last edited:
And that, it does. Looks awesome.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom