Improvements to a manually produced panoramic

bazpaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, guys i took this pan from a cliff so there was nothin much i could put in the foreground which thus makes the pic a lot less appealing. But i had to make the panoramic myself as CS4 just couldnt piece it together.

Anyway does it look right to you??? what changes and imrpovements can i make? In cs4 i added saturation (blue/red), curves, upped contrast, duplicated the background and blurred the sky ever so slightly, then masked in the sea.

Should i use the rule of thirds and get rid of most of the sea, so it only make up a third of the vertical??

Im lost with this image, i dont know where to take it!!! It was such a beautiful sunrise but i just cant capture it in this photo!!

Any advice would be great cheers!!!

lighthouse_Panorama.jpg

Just looks like one of those peaceful sunset shots to me. You may consider cropping to give 1/3 to either the ocean(?) or the sky, but otherwise it looks fine to me.

I like it cut in half like it is. I don't think 1/3 would work better with this.

The only thing that bothers me is on the right there seems to be a triangle of darker blue coming in from the side that doesn't feel natural. Is that where you were cloning?

But to nit pick, there are a few areas I can see where the images are coming together. If you have enough overlapping, I like to mask it with a soft edge brush in a sort of "snake" like path. I just feel it interweaves the two layers much smoother.

Last edited:
yeh i think i will crop it....to much water!! but to have at least a small bit of land in the bottom right corner was important i thought!!!

The only thing that bothers me is on the right there seems to be a triangle of darker blue coming in from the side that doesn't feel natural. Is that where you were cloning?

yeh i dont know what to do with this?? its how the image was shot....its just the way the light came in to the lens.

and yes i did use masks and should really try the snake motion you talk about!!

i wondering if people can spot the seams!!

Certainly, all of the composition rules can be broken...if you have a good reason.

That said, the one compositional guideline to break least often, if you want dynamic images.....is the Rule-Of-Thirds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back