What's new

In a hurry

atid

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Location
Israel
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am eager to read reactions to my picture i wanted to capture the motion of the kids ( long exposure )


$IMG_9390+s.webp
 
Makes me dizzy, welcome to the site!
 
Welcome aboard. It looks like the trees and buildings were moving, too. I'm guessing you didn't use a tripod for this shot - you really need to for something like this.
 
This reads more like the kids were slowly walking and you captured your own movement.
 
Thanks for your professional criticism , I wonder if this is the right section to upload my pics.I will appreciate your advice.
 
If only the kids were blurry, this shot might work. As it is, it's really just a blurry photo...
 
I like it. It feels a little dreamy. I'm not sure if this is the exact shot you were going for...hehe
What do you think about it? Did you want everything to be blurry?
 
Everything in the background was moving too .. so I'm guessing you were moving as much as the kids.

idea - use a tripod and a ND filter (which allows you to slow shutter speed) to capture people moving but the background won't move (unless the wind is moving them).

you could also use multiframe exposure which is common on Nikons but only a few Canon's have it.
 
If you were going for an expressionistic\impressionistic look, then I think this works well. Google "Eva Pollak", she's an impressionistic photographer and recently took shots like this of dancers and people on a beach.
 
I like it. It feels a little dreamy. I'm not sure if this is the exact shot you were going for...hehe
What do you think about it? Did you want everything to be blurry?
You are right .Using tripod would be a very good idea. Thanks
 
I like it. It feels a little dreamy. I'm not sure if this is the exact shot you were going for...hehe
What do you think about it? Did you want everything to be blurry?
You are right .Using tripod would be a very good idea. Thanks

Short of a tripod, any kind of support could work - a table or a bench. I used a metal newspaper stand as a camera support for this one:
UMD Circle by cmwrenn3, on Flickr
 
I like it. It feels a little dreamy. I'm not sure if this is the exact shot you were going for...hehe
What do you think about it? Did you want everything to be blurry?
You are right .Using tripod would be a very good idea. Thanks

Short of a tripod, any kind of support could work - a table or a bench. I used a metal newspaper stand as a camera support for this one:
UMD Circle by cmwrenn3, on Flickr

I've even used the ground. I think if you get the opportunity to redo that shot, try it with a support and a two second timer and I think you'll at least be closer to what you're looking for. I think.
 
Thanks for all your reactions. I am an enthusiastic beginner and will try to be more active here.
 
Yes atid good advice above. Use a tripod and even a remote trigger because any shake even the pushing of the shutter button can make unintentional blur. The ND filter is a good idea if you are taking daytime long exposures. I use a 10x and can push my exposure time to 10 + seconds depending on how bright it is but focusing you may have to do with the filter off then screw it on and switch lens to manual or it will try and focus again. Here is an example-

15 sec. exposure-

$Millenium Park day #1 (1 of 1).webp
 
I am eager to read reactions to my picture i wanted to capture the motion of the kids ( long exposure )


View attachment 74212

Do I need like 3d glasses for this or... hmm..

Just a personal preference you understand but I think this might have worked better with a slow shutter speed so that their legs and hands showed some motion blur but not such a long exposure that everything is blurry and out of focus.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom