What's new

In Christ We believe C&C

er111a

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
6
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_4464a.jpg
 
I think the subject matter and composition and the overall impact overshadow the technical issues with the photo (loss of details in the highlights/shadows). Definitely an graphic-arts approach with a photo as the base, but I really like it.

The only weak spot in the composition is it's not quite centered -- you can see the window on the left but not on the right.
 
It's slightly not centered and tilted which is killing me. Other than that, I think it's a cool shot.
 
With something like this, symetry is key. This shot missed that just a bit. The overhangs on the top are not even, window on one side not the other.

I'm also not keen on the super dark areas down below. they are more distracting than adding to the image and could be cropped out or better yet, make sure things are better in camera.

I like the BW and I like the grain effect.
 
thanks anyone else?
 
Yea, i agree, i looked at it quickly and saw that it was a cool picture with a nice subject, the tunneling aspect or vignetting is very distracting i think, i would love to see this before the whole post processing, if you are to do the post processing, i say go a little lighter, without the zoom-in and out factor, it would look a lot better this way.

A lighter B&W and the same amoutn of grain would look the best.
 
Yea, i agree, i looked at it quickly and saw that it was a cool picture with a nice subject, the tunneling aspect or vignetting is very distracting i think, i would love to see this before the whole post processing, if you are to do the post processing, i say go a little lighter, without the zoom-in and out factor, it would look a lot better this way.

A lighter B&W and the same amoutn of grain would look the best.
ok anyoe else
 
Seems grainy up top - that really detracts from the image.
 
It's weird, but compared to everything else I have seen posted by you, it is pretty cool.
 
i would consider dropping the zoom blur and lighting effects filter.
i am noticing the tilt as well.
 
If you do want to go with perfect symmetry, you could cut the image in half and then mirror that half to the other. Of course the book might look silly, but you could mask that off or something.
I love the effects for this shot - gives it great power.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom