In need of a good monopod

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and gals! I'm looking for a decent monopod. Features i'm looking for are, it needs to be lightweight, easy to use, sturdy, and not TOO expensive... anyone know of any good brands or models that can be had for a reasonable price? (under 100 dollars, used is fine)

If you look at B&H' website, you will notice that almost all their monopods are less than $100.00.

I use a Manfrotto 679B (Link) and love it. $42 without a head, which is how I'm using it now - though I've been looking into ones.

It has all the features you're looking for lightweight, easy to use, inexpensive, and one you didn't mention, the lock/unlock mechanism is fairly quiet - which is what I needed for shooting inside the sound stage at NPR.

I see you're in Minnesota, if you're near Minnespolia, go check em out at West Photo, 21 University Avenue NE - yes, I go there so often that it's memorized.

BTW, I use a Manfrotto 680, which has 4 sections, which will collapse a little smaller than Jeremy' 679. ( 3 section ) It is slightly heavier, both have 20+ pound weight capacity.

Hi I have just bought a Manfrotto 681B and 486RC2 ball head.
Can't fault them. I like the ball as you can turn camera on its side if you like.
About $100 AUD each

Brendan

thanks for all the replies! I actually live about a mile from university ave. so its not hard for me to find that i'm sure. I go to school at St. Thomas in st. paul. is that minnespolia a camera shop?

haha, oh , ok, sorry, i just realized you misspelled minneapolis... haha, west photo, ok, lol, i'm a little slow

haha, oh , ok, sorry, i just realized you misspelled minneapolis... haha, west photo, ok, lol, i'm a little slow

Oi, I can't believe I spelled Minneapolis wrong - opps! Well, at least you know what I'm talking about *now* :)

i'll have to check that place out though, i didnt know of any camera shops in the area

Most reactions

Back