In need of immediate help...

dalikirazzi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI,

I've been taking pictures for couple of years but still don't have any knowledge about studio equipment. Recently, I received a job from a shoe and clothing company. There will be approx. 10000 pictures ( including different angles). Shoes from 5 different angles and there will be models for some cloths. These pictures will be put on their web site. The thing is I have never a done a job this big. The job seems easy but requires a lighting knowledge which I am poor at.

I need help with setting up the set and what equipment to use.
Can anyone recommend any low budget equipment that will do the job?
Also What should I charge them?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I can't help you on the part of which equipment to buy, but I can say that you shouldn't worry too much about getting low budget stuff... If you are going to take 10,000 images for them (which includes a TON of cataloging) then you need to be making enough money to pay for some GOOD equipment, plus your time. IMHO.

That is a lot of work for one person.

Sounds like you are in a little over your head. I do not know if there is a crash course in studio lighting that will teach you what you need to know. But depending on your lighting budget this might be a good place to start. http://www.alienbees.com/

Do you realize that if you shoot every single work day, Monday through Friday (including holidays), that you're going to have to average almost 40 photographs per day to be done in a year? You're only going to have about 10-12 minutes per photograph to setup, shoot, process, and catalog.

What to charge them is a livable salary :)

I know I am a little over my head but I know I can handle shoot with a few people that will help me throughout the shoots. The reason that I am asking for low budget equipment is that the company will be buying the set and they don't want to pay to much.

I have checked alienbees.com and there are packages for studio equipment that I hope will do the job. Thanks JIP.

Most reactions

Back