Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... all I ever found were these!
Cornflowers...

kornblumen1.jpg

kornblumen2.jpg

kornblumen3.jpg

Wrong colour, actually, but a nice one all the same, don't you think?
(This goes with Hair Bear's thread, sort of...)

Very nice.
I like no.2 with the out of focus flowers.

Dani.

Hey LaFoto

Come and see me...poppy fields in full bloom over here.

Bring your bike :sun:

Hey LaFoto

Come and see me...poppy fields in full bloom over here.

Bring your bike :sun:

Sounds like the idea --- but make my son repair my bike for me at long, long last first, please! (I have asked him since the earliest beginnings of spring, he only says "What you need is a new bike really", which I know, too, and that's that then).

There are a couple of poppies here and there, but not covering whole fields, not that I could find some as yet...

I like #1. The contrast (not the technical, but the side by side) of the flowers to the greenery is eye-catching.

The only fields of wildflowers I see are down the median of the interstate. I'm not quite that daring, LOL.

These are nicely shot LaFoto. I really like the DOF of the first one. I almost looks like you took it with a lensbaby? Either that or selective blurring in PS. Either way I like it. It draws my eyes to the focus ones on the left in the middle.

No lensbaby in my possession as yet, Chris, and no PP work on that one other than enhancing the contrasts (it was taken at 300mm, so became quite a bit hazy, for I couldn't be bothered to put on the polarizer). Thanks for liking it. I still feel the close-ups are more "my forte" than scenic photos, but I am working on wide-angle landscapes (of which this is NONE at 300mm, of course ;)).

No lensbaby in my possession as yet, Chris, and no PP work on that one other than enhancing the contrasts (it was taken at 300mm, so became quite a bit hazy, for I couldn't be bothered to put on the polarizer). Thanks for liking it. I still feel the close-ups are more "my forte" than scenic photos, but I am working on wide-angle landscapes (of which this is NONE at 300mm, of course ;)).

I really like your landscapes, LaFoto. I'm still interested in seeing you storm pictures though. Even if they are not that good in your eyes, the fact that they are storm pictures is all that matters to me. They are automatically good when they are of a storm IMHO.

:oops: hmmm, they don't really-really-really show it was a storm, and that funny storm was all around us and all we ever got out of it was one flash of lightning. No rain, nothing to test the bulb setting on the camera on. Nothing.............. :(
But I am happy :goodvibe: to hear you like my landscapes.

I have a fondness for cornflowers, and never see many together like in that first shot, so thanks for sharing these pics, Corinna!

Of the closeups (which are lovely), I prefer #2 with the flashes of colour in the background.

nice, i like the first one for the scene depicted ... and the shallow dof.

and i like the second for the detail ... the second has so much more to offer than the third i think. In the third you focussed on the part closest to you, hence you lost the central part of the blossom.

composition seems slightly more balanced in 3 though.

Yes, well, photos 2 and 3 were taken with the lens in macro mode, and that does give me quite a shallow DOF. True fact is, however, that I could have stopped down some more and still "hold it" - but didn't. Don't ask me, why ... maybe because taking photos of flowers had not really been my intention when I set out, but I had a commission in the other dance school, and at 10 (which was the time my calendar said I was supposed to be there), no one was there, so I peered through the window and saw "11:00h" written on that bulletin board, grrr, I thought, and went in search for poppies, to no avail, and wanting to be back at a quarter to 11. Which I was, and still no one was there, and after 11 still no one was there, no students, no teacher. So I assume the extra class which I was supposed to come and photograph had been cancelled and no one thought of informing me. That is no excuse for too shallow a DOF but ... just some story I felt like sharing now in connection with the taking of these pics :D.

Beautiful shots of beautiful flowers. I like #2 the best. I have never seen cornflowers before. I don't think we have those here. Right now, we are in such a drought that everything is dead and brown.

Very nice, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

amazing colors, you found a treasure. !!

Were these hard to get to ?

I have to drive like 2 hours to find anything even like this here ....

very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back