In the woods

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took Maisy (3) camping last weekend. We went with a photog buddy of mine and his son (4). We weren't able to roam as far as we normally would, and we were confined to the campsite after the kids went to bed, but we had fun. I was shooting with my 20D. My friend was using a home built 6x17cm camera, and a Canon AE-1.

We took a sunset hike with the kids at the end of the day.

1005camp04.jpg

And behind us the full moon was rising at the same time.

1005camp05.jpg

After the kids went to bed we photographed the woods around us with long exposures. I used ISO 100, and varied the exposures between f/5.6 and f/8, for 6 to 15 minutes. The red cast in some of the photos is from the campfire.

10:00 pm

1005camp06.jpg

midnight

1005camp07.jpg

4:00 am

1005camp10.jpg

If interested, you can see some more photos here

http://mattneedham.netfirms.com/camerafetish/nfpicturepro/thumbnails.php?album=33

What a great post :thumbup: I really like the last 3, the lighting and sharpness is beautiful. Thx for the info.

What a lovely outing you went on! It must have been a very memorable one for the kids! And despite your limitations, you did best with the given situation and I think I like all five of the photos displayed here. 15 minute (!) exposures, well. Cool. My little digital compact Canon only allows for 15 second exposures as the longest possible ones......

But well.
The sunset photo has the most beautiful tree silhouettes in them.
The moon rise on Sunday was something very special (and the one I saw in Hamburg on that very day was equally nice, must get my picture series together at last to show you!), there are some wonderful tones out in nature in sunset/moonrise situations such as that one!
And I like the pinsharp "lit-by-camp-fire-only" photo that was taken at 10 at night.
Did you not sleep at all?

Sweet shots Matt! like em all
particularly the 10pm one.. wonderful color!
nice series.. thanks for posting :D

Most reactions

Back