increased demand for movie film

compur

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
From google-translated German web page:

Google Translate

"ANALOG FILM ON THE ADVANCE

Footage is on the rise again," said Steve Bellamy, President Motion Picture & Entertainment, Kodak. The company, which had to file for bankruptcy in January 2012, has meanwhile reopened copying plants at Pinewood Studios in London as well as in New York, Atlanta and Bombay. "In our new branch in New York, we have already developed more than six billion meters of film because many feature films, commercials and television series are being made there." In the past four years, the demand for film material has increased significantly. 65 mm film is asked again. The demand for 35 mm material grew by 155 percent, that for 16 mm film by 206 percent and 8 mm even by 407 percent. Bellamy believes the initial excitement and enthusiasm for digital technologies has subsided. “It's comparable to the music industry, where there is a trend back to vinyl. Many bands would now like to record their records on two-inch tapes again. ”

Original German page:
Immer noch Retro

I'm ready for some Double-8 transparency film! I. miss my movie making - video just isn't the same. Still looking.

Hollywood and Bollywood will Save Film!

Most reactions

Back