indecision

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by Carol_H, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Carol_H

Carol_H TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    wondering if anyone can give me thoughts on choosing between SL2 or T6i ? i have not owned slr camera since mid eighties. Besides travel, landscape,architecture; i would like something for polo matches and low light ,no flash situations like student recitals. any suggestions???

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    IF YOU CAN, go to a store and check the prospective cameras out., in-person, and LOOK through the viewfinder. See the cameras, feel them, compare their sizes. The SL2 is quite compact for a d-slr, perhaps the smallest true d-slr on the market. The T6i is also pretty small, but not "miniaturized" to the degree that the SL2 has been.

DxO Mark might be useful to compare technical image quality between the two models; they use European naming for the Canon models, and I'm not sure what the T6i "is" in Euro-model language.

I looked at the SL1 a few years back; I preferred the slightly larger cameras for their viewfinder image, but my impression is that the SL2 iteration is somewhat better than its predecessor model. Again however, an in-person comparison is what I'd suggest for you.

photoflyer has a similar question posted today involving the SL2 and the T7i at T7i or SL2 for small travel DSLR?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Carol_H

Carol_H TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks for the reply