TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rhysphotograph.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
R11_7473-Edit.jpg

That's a native, lol.

I love the subject, focus and DOF is very nice. The background is terrible and her position in the frame isn't balanced but the shot is technically good.

Excellent... i like the B/G... yes, the position is a bit problematic.... But the net outcome is fine...
May be the fellow is Naga, from Nagaland, the North Eastern state
But i wonder she is in this dress in UK

Regards :D

Excellent... i like the B/G... yes, the position is a bit problematic.... But the net outcome is fine...
May be the fellow is Naga, from Nagaland, the North Eastern state
But i wonder she is in this dress in UK

Regards :D

She was with her father but she could barely speak much English?

Here is another composition...
R11_7474-Edit.jpg

I like the second one a lot. The idea of the composition is awesome IMO it shows an interesting contrast in cultures. You would expect to see rolling plains or some woods behind her, but she is just in the middle of a city street and she seems very comfortable with her surroundings.

Frequency, the term "Indian" is also given to the native peoples of North America. When Columbus discovered the new world (no, he wasn't first, just famed for it) he thought he had found the Western passage to India, hence he named the lands where he landed the West Indes and the native people Indians...

Sorry for the jack and history lesson, just wanted to clarify for an "East Indian" :)

Frequency, the term "Indian" is also given to the native peoples of North America. When Columbus discovered the new world (no, he wasn't first, just famed for it) he thought he had found the Western passage to India, hence he named the lands where he landed the West Indes and the native people Indians...

Sorry for the jack and history lesson, just wanted to clarify for an "East Indian" :)
Most American Natives today resent the term and some see it as derogatory. Columbus got it wrong; they weren't and aren't Indian, and they'd like people to stop calling them that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back