INDOMITABLE SPIRE

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
INDOMITABLE SPIRE

This old tree stands out upon a landscape battered by the tornado that slammed the towns of Springfield, Monson, Palmer, Brimfield, and Sturbridge , Massachusetts in 2011. In that area today, I was in awe of this indomitable spire, rooted in the muddy soils of a water covered flood plain but still vertical. Many surrounding trees and structures were not so fortunate. I shot this image in black & white, an effort to maintain harmony with the starkness as viewed before my camera.
It was truly amazing that the human death toll in this meteorological event was under 10. The damages to structures and dwellings was catastrophic.

Mike

2N07GY71SY+e%eIUmIlNLw_thumb_49b0_Fotor-1.jpg

INDOMITABLE SPIRE
This old tree stands out upon a landscape battered by the tornado that slammed the towns of Springfield, Monson, Palmer, Brimfield, and Sturbridge , Massachusetts in 2011. In that area today, I was in awe of this indomitable spire, rooted in the muddy soils of a water covered flood plain but still vertical. Many surrounding trees and structures were not so fortunate. I shot this image in black & white, an effort to maintain harmony with the starkness as viewed before my camera.
It was truly amazing that the human death toll in this meteorological event was under 10. The damages to structures and dwellings was catastrophic.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back