indoors, what to shoot, lighting

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im in the UK so its pretty bad weather here at the moment, rainy and drab! but thats england for you. Im more interested in shooting outside...landscapes, wildlife or at events. Im a bit stuck for ideas for what to shoot inside in these bad months, when i have quite a bit of time on my hands. The problem i also have is quite bad lighting, as we have halogen spots mounted in the ceilings. So im looking for ideas on what type of light for indoors, objects and maybe what makes a good background...thanks for you help!! :blushing:

When I do indoor stuff, I always go for either Fluorescent or Incandescent lighting, and I do single subject and macros. I try not to shoot too many things inside, because then your shots start to look a little snap shotty, unless you are looking to shoot the entire room. I would start with the little plants and other decorations you have around the house. Porcelain dolls and trinkets make wonderful mediums to shoot indoors. At that zoom and angle, the camera can be adjusted to accommodate for bad lighting.

I would say get yourself a good speedlite flash - I think an SB600 or SB800 are good choices for nikon cameras (though I really don't know much about nikon stuff).
If wildilfe and outdoors things are your interests I don't think a big indoor lighting kit is nessessarily what your after long term (though I could be very wrong). A speedlite will come in handy in all sorts of situations and is well worth investing in I think.

Also the macro comment is good - there is loads of stuff one can photograph with a macro lens that makes it suddenly more interesting :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back